Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Week Of Fun Activities

Well, the weather's cooled down a bit the last few days, taking us outdoors once again. What a fun time! I should say, though, that even when it rains or it's entirely too sticky to go out, we try to find something fun/interesting to do. Wednesday, was just that kind of day...
Pic is a little blurry, but the lil miss has now embraced bowling. My friend Dawn suggested going and it was a hit. We stayed in AC all day while the kids had a ball. Literally. And hot pink ones at that!
Rubes is the queen of silly faces these days.
By Thursday, the weather was GORGEOUS. Perfect day for a zoo trip. We went to a nice little one in Conshohocken called Elmwood Park Zoo. Our first MUST DO was the pony rides. This kid LOVES her horses!
She also loves an opportunity to stick her head in these things...or to get her picture taken anywhere for that matter. It was such a picture perfect day just walking around with my little love. It's a nice, easy to walk zoo with lots of shaded areas and a large playground. Lots of fun. The only downside to a small zoo like that is the animals don't have a lot of area to run. Ruby was particularly concerned about the Jaguar and where he lived. She said he was sad cause he wanted to go home. "He misses his family" she said. That made me a bit sad, too. I love her sweet, caring nature and how she loves animals. I also think maybe we should support the larger zoos that have mates and full habitats for the animals next time.
Back at home being silly with the camera. Face painting was another MUST at the zoo.
And, of course, no day is complete without a little fairy dress up!

I think I am gonna have to end here as there are SO many pics that were taken the next day. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Love the face painting. I just hope it washed off easily!

Maci Miller said...

Yea, washes off easy, Jess. Ruby has loved looking at the pictures from this day. She keeps saying "and I got face painting!"

Mireille said...

I love her silly faces! And it seems that her hair is so much longer than I last seen her!! She looks stunning as always, with or without face painting! What a fun week.