Tuesday, January 3, 2012

HOLIDAY RECAP (Warning: Long Picture Laden Post!)

Our Christmas started with a relaxed Christmas eve. It was just the 3 of us, my brother, and our nephews. They came over early so the kids could play, then I made us a big Italian style dinner.
The table was set by 3pm. I was so on top of things for once!
Ryan & Ruby had a lot of fun together.
The kids exchanged gifts and Ryan loved his Star Wars Lego set.
Rubes was entranced with Barbie riding set. A perfect gift for her! She loves horses & loves Barbie.
I love this sweet pic of the kids! Ruby & I did a quick change for church. And in case anyone is wondering...Mine is the "I've Been Very Very Naughty" stocking and Jeff's is the "I've Been Very Very Good". I have no idea why. :-) They are reversible and it must have got turned around. Yea, that's it.
Uncle Jay gets some love from the kids
3 guys we love - My nephew Ryan, my bro, and my nephew Anthony
All dressed up and ready for church. Jason had to get Ryan back to his mom's and Anthony was going to his girlfriends so it all timed out well.
Me and my baby
Clowning around with the kids
Putting out "reindeer" food b4 bed
Ruby could hardly wait to give Jeff his gift. She told him what is was at least 5 times b4 Christmas and was bursting at the seams for him to open it. It's a football, Daddy! You like football! 
Santa's gifts for Ruby. There was supposed to be a 2 story castle here with lights and sound and 30 some  characters and such, but it didn't work when we took it out of the box. We were thoroughly bummed! Had to unwrap some of the gifts from us so it looked like more. She was SO proud to be on the nice list and such an angel. I was hoping she wouldn't be disappointed. Of course, I should have known better. She didn't even ask for the castle. Or for much, really. She said she loved her family and wanted to be with us. How sweet is that? I just can't tell you how much I love that girl. I think I must tell her 50 times a day.

Our Christmas morning was just magical. At 5:30 Rubes climbed into bed with us. Daddy was out cold but the lil miss & I whispered and cuddled and giggled for an hour. We did try for a bit to sleep but to no avail. Not once did she ask about Santa, her stocking, her presents, or anything. I didn't either but said, hey do you want to get up? "No. Just snuggle with Momma". So snuggle we did. It was one of those sweet moments you just want to hold onto forever. Finally, around 6:30 we woke up Jeff and she remembered the stocking. She found her fairy walnuts ("WALNUTS???" she said). LOL! She liked them once she saw what was inside and then we headed downstairs.
We didn't need to worry about disappointment! This kid was so happy with every little thing.
All this joy for a few stocking stuffers and dollies. Seriously.
Hugs for the new Pocahontas doll. 
She really loves her and I love that it looks kinda like her.  After a nice morning then packed the car and headed to Harrisburg to visit our family. 
1st stop was Grammy & Pappy's house. Rubes loves the fancy red chair. (Me too!)
Chilling with her Daddy
Awesome hanging out with Joe, Tammy, and our nephew Dailan.
Jeff's parents, Woody & LaRae, made us an awesome meal and gave us tickets for a family vacation. Woo hoo! What a present! We are all going to the Mexican Riveria this summer!
Me and the hubs
Ruby & Grammy. Rubes models her new purse and scarf.
Later on, we headed to my mom's house for our Christmas with the Kimmel's. My mom refuses to let me post her pic anymore although she's lost over 60 lbs now and looks AMAZING! Go figure? But anyway, it was a very happy Christmas for her which makes my heart happy. We all had a fun time playing Catch Phrase (above) ! Saw my Dad the day after Christmas for a nice afternoon, met up with some friends, and then it was back home for us. Ruby was really missing her home. It's a big thing with her lately. 
Happy at home having full conversations with her mermaids.
Play date with her long lost BFF. Been a busy season for all of us and we sure missed Dawn & Brie! Such a great time for them and us mom's, too!
Rubes & Brie making silly faces
Too silly girls caught hiding in Ruby's closet
They love hiding in there and are always shocked when I find them. hehe
Love her!
Laughing hysterical together. How great is this shot?
More fun awaited us the next day. It was REALLY cold, but we braved the weather, bundled up, and headed to Sesame Place for a couple hours with some friends. Rubes was quite happy with the hot chocolate!
Mom and daughter stop for a quick shot b4 hitting more rides
The guys take the kids on the Blast Off ride....twice! All were thrilled.
I think Elmo & Murray were the warmest people at the park. They sure looked happier than they do in the dead heat of summer!

"I'm READY!!!!" And she was. Had her shades, her favorite backpack filled with toys and her movie ready for the car. She nearly bounced out of bed when I told her she was seeing her cousins this day. We headed to Harrisburg again for Angie & Dino's annual holiday bash. Was such a wonderful time.
The guys
Rubes taking a little rest
Snuggle with "Uncle" Jack
Hanging with the cousins. Dino, Michael, Lisa, Angie, Jeff, Me, Chrissy
Me and Angie
Cousin chat. Ang, Tina, and Gina
Sweet pies Dommy & Rubes take a break from playing to pose for me
The whole gang
Alessia helping Rubes with a Santa toy.
A happy  Rubes snuggling with Nina

A great holiday spent with many people we love! Life is good!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sweet Ruby! Love how excited she was. But it was you that should have been jumping up and down - Mexican Riviera? Your stocking was wrong, you must have been very good!

chaniemom said...

What fun photos! I especially liked the one of the girls laughing in bed! What special memories!