Thursday, March 6, 2008

2nd Trip to Thailand

Another wonderful trip. By this time, Muk & I
had become really close friends. We emailed a lot in between visits and still do today. On this trip she took me to Ayutthaya, the old capital of Thailand. 

The elephant ride was my idea. I have it on my "life list" of things to do. My original vision was to ride an elephant through a jungle. But, hey, we all have to work within our own limits and I can tell you this was definitely a better (safer) option for me!


The big Buddha was a special find. She took me
to a temple that she had never
 even been to. We went in and met a
 monk that saw us
 leaving. He pointed us
towards the back. We walked in and then looked up and up and up! The Buddha statue was 2 stories tall. If you look closely in the picture you can see two men (on the left) changing the Buddha's robe for the season. That gives you an idea of just how big it was.  It was a special place and a special day.

No comments: