Friday, March 7, 2008

Jeff visits me in Thailand!


There are SO many pictures from our time there, that I could never post them all. But here a few of my favorite shots of us in Bangkok and Hua Hin.  After he recovered from the long 23 hours of flying, Jeff loved it all as much as I did!

The first pic was taken on the terrace of hotel over looking the Chao Phraya river. It was my first night off since he arrived and we went on a sunset dinner cruise that night. Touristy, yes, but very nice. I wish I could have taken a good picture of Wat Arun (a temple) as we passed it in the moon light but it was too dark. I guess some things are meant to be enjoyed only in the moment. Actually, I just remembered I have a pic that comes close! Look on the right hand side of this page. There is a pic of Wat Arun at sunset.

The next 3 were taken in are Hua Hin (a little beach town 2 hours south of Bangkok). The town is easily reached by bus for about $2 US. It's a friendly town and you could walk everywhere. The market and local restaurants were all nearby. The massage in a sala overlooking the beach was an especially nice treat and only $20 US for an hour! Can we get that around here, please? I would be a much more laid back person!










This last pic was taken at dinner on his first trip out. No making fun of his pink tropical drink! It was my idea! 

No comments: