Friday, April 4, 2008

Almost Your Birthday

(Excerpt from personal journal - April 4, 2008)

Today I cried at the Walmart. Not full out crying, but tears sprang to my eyes as I strolled down the birthday aisle filled with paper plates, cups and napkins. All matching pretty patterns next to birthday candles, party hats, favors, and decorations. It's your birthday one week from today. Who is going to celebrate it with you? Will it go by unnoticed? Will someone hold you and let you know how great the world is because your in it? (I will someday!) I will pray with every ounce of my being that you will know you are loved. We are dying to be with you right now and take you home!

I bought you a few presents! You won't be able to see them until next year's birthday, but they will be waiting for you. I also bought a little candle. It's a number 1. We will put it on a cake and wish you love. We will say a prayer together and thank God for you. If you ever look back on your beginnings and wonder if you were loved, know that, YES, you were truly and wholeheartedly loved...by an unknown force pulling our love through millions of miles. We love the little you we haven't even seen yet! We don't even know much about you and yet we feel for you so deep in our hearts that it hurts sometimes.

No comments: