Thursday, November 13, 2008

Shopping Habit


When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping! After my last post I figure I better put something lighthearted up here! Thank you all for the kind emails and comments. I seem to be getting more and more sappy, the closer we get. All the excitement and anticipation mixed with just plain old wanting her home so bad. Anyway, I am trying to snap out of it and enjoy myself here in South Beach. A new pair of shoes never hurts! :-) Picked up these yesterday along with a cute pair of black ballet flats. Hey, I got one practical pair, right?

In and around my emotions, I am actually having a nice time down here. The weather is perfect and balmy and I am loving my morning walks on the beach. So much so, that I ditched the Bikram yoga plan and am power walking with my girlfriends every day instead.  Eating light, reading my positive book, enjoying time with my friends, and getting a tan. Today I don't work till 5 so after my power walk I'm going to hit the beach for a few hours. Can't wait! It's been nice to be able to see another friend of mine down here that is a fellow adoptive mom and also hang with my auto show friends. Thank God for my husband and my friends!

Jeff came down from Ft. Lauderdale to see me last night with our friends Jen & Mike. Mike and Jeff are business partners. Jen is my childhood best friend who grew up a block away from me. We had a really fun night. Went to a great restaurant on Ocean Drive and then walked around South Beach and found a place with live latin music. Miami is like it's own country in some ways! There is Latin flavor everywhere, great food and music, and you can barter in the stores as if you are in another country. Jeff had to go back with them, because the guys had to work early this morning, so it was fun to just have a "date" with my husband. 

Gotta go. The beach is calling...

4 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Glad you enjoying your time in South Beach. The sand and power walks sounds so calming.

Love the shoes!

Chris and Terri said...

I am cracking up at these shoes. And believe me, I needed a good laugh so I'm sending you a big thanks! I mean they are way too chic for me. I am one for comfort so I have the black ballet flats but these are great! I love South Beach so please run your fingers that beautiful sand for me.

Nichole and Craig said...

Hi
I am so jelous of you being able to sit on the beach. It is now pretty cold here -2 tonight 8-(

Thanks for your comment on my blog

Nichole in Canada

Mireille said...

LOVE LOVE the shoes!! Enjoy your time, wish I could be there as well ;-)