Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Weekly Inspiration (Supplied By Mom)


Words to live by! These beautiful little plaques were a gift from my mom for Jeff & I's anniversary. So thoughtful...we just love them! (Yes, we know they are Chinese, not Thai but it doesn't matter. The message is what matters.)  Mom and David came down for a little impromptu visit. After dinner, Mom and Jeff watched the election countdown while Dave & I made a CD of songs he liked from my iTunes library. He was so cute. He would light up when he recognized a song he knew! We were just a-singing away in the kitchen for a couple hours. It's a wonder Mom & Jeff heard anything! We did manage to quiet down by the time the polls started to close. I think "Santa" may drop an iPod nano into Dave's stocking this year. He just LOVES music. 

So this year's election goes down in the history books, for sure. I don't usually get too political, but this is different. More voters came out than ever before. McCain's speech was pure class. I was very impressed by his graciousness. Whatever side you are usually on, we all DO have to work together. For ourselves, for our children, and for a better world. I'm so glad my child will grow up in a country where equality really is practiced and a person is judged by their character and not their color (to quote MLK's "dream" speech). I'm not naive to think my darker skinned child will never encounter prejudice, but I believe those walls are coming down. Slowly, but surely. Finally. I think Obama will make a great president. Time will tell. He surely has a lot of work to do. For now, I am happy the election and campaigning is over and we can all get back to life as usual.

2 comments:

rosemary said...

Yes, I totally agree - McCain's speech was the epitome of graciousness! Altogether, it was a very cool night.

Lisa said...

I hope for equality and a prejudice free world too.
Nicely written,
Lisa C.