Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Insomnia

Is it excitement or anxiety? Hmmm. Not sure. I feel like I have been handling things okay, but my body (or brain) might be telling me otherwise. I just can't sleep!  I lie awake and think of when we will hear the news, who I will call, what all I have to do, how I gotta get those darn baby gates up when I get home, things I still need, etc. 

Of course, my hotel room may be a contributing factor. The heater appears to have 2 settings. Full blast dry-your-face-out heat or turned down freeze-your-toes off cold. Uggh! So I get up at least twice a night either gasping for air and some water or I am pulling on more layers. I adjust the temperature either up or down every few hours. Doesn't seem to be a happy medium for me temperature wise!

Other than that, all is well. Only 4 days left of the Detroit Auto Show and I am thrilled to be going home soon! My next show is in Philly so I can stay home awhile. Hooray!! The show hasn't been to bad actually. Not nearly as crowded at previous years. I guess that's a sign of the times. 

2 comments:

Kam said...

Sounds like you need to go home for sure! Ugh! Hot then cold...miserable! Here's hoping you enjoy your last few days and have sweet dreams of your baby girl tonight!

Jessica said...

Hotel-itis! Bummer on the thermostat. Hopefully good news will beat you home. Just think though, once you get the official referral, you'll be too exicted to sleep.