Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Little Reassurance

...goes a long way! Got an email from Kate at Wacap last night. She said the DSDW emailed her the night before to say they are working on Wacap families and had been behind a bit. She felt that she would be getting the next batch of referrals from her VERY soon and even felt pretty sure about us getting ours! I know this isn't really new news, but just confirmation. Still it feels good. It's really coming! The way this process works, you have days where you just go, okay, am I making this up? Am I just overly optimistic that it will be here this month? There are no guarantees, of course, but even our agency feels confident in it which makes me feel it all the more.

 In days, perhaps, or just a week or two I could be holding it in my hands. I just get goose bumps when I think of how it will feel! Having that referral and knowing with absolute certainty that she is ours will be amazing!  Also to receive new photos and see how she is doing and growing...I can't wait to see! The last pic I have is at 18 months. She is now 21 months. How much has she changed in 4 months? Do babies grow a lot between 18-21? I don't really know. But I am dying to see her sweet face and get her full medicals and know everything there is to (currently) know about her. My baby. My beautiful sweet baby. She has no idea how her life is about to change.


4 comments:

Jess and Paul said...

That is WONDERFUL and EXCITING news. I really hope and pray your referral comes soon...I know this wait is so, so hard. I'm glad WACAP is keeping you up to date!

Jessica said...

Jen,
Yeah! Good things are coming. The little stuff really does help tide us over. Our agency has seen a LOT of mov't over the last month. Someone in Thailand is working hard!!

Carey and Norman said...

I'm so excited and cannot wait to hear the good news....it won't be long!!

Kam said...

WooHoo! And man am I behind! This was like a week ago!!! It could be here any day now! How exciting for you. The last time I talked to Kate, the TRC was just beginning to gather Joel's paperwork for the DSDW. I pray every day that his paperwork gets put together so quickly. I'm just thrilled for you and can't wait to "see" you get that precious packet in the mail!