Friday, January 16, 2009

Miracles Happen Every Day

Do they ever. If you haven't heard about it already.. a US Airways pilot safely landed a plane on the Hudson River in NYC yesterday. Unbelievable! Evidently, a flock of birds flew into both engines, disabling them and they needed to land right away. There has only been like 1 or 2 flights EVER to land on water like that and have a few people survive. ALL 155 passengers and crew made it off safely! Now if THAT isn't a miracle, I don't know what is! What an incredible story! Read more about it here.

We had a mini-miracle of our own today. Jeff got home to find 3 important things in the mail for us. Two were the PA Child Abuse Clearance forms (one for each of us) that are said to take 2-3 weeks. We got them back in a week! The 3rd piece of mail was the most shocking...my fingerprint approval came back already!!! We were told by our home study agency that they take 4-6 weeks. The guy who took them said it could be 6-8 weeks. I dismissed that thought immediately. I was like, okay, then 4 weeks! That's enough time. Well, here I got it back in ONE! Jeff has to go get his fingerprints done tomorrow, but with the quick turn-around I had, I don't anticipate any problems getting his back in a decent amount of time. We will have all our paperwork done and waiting for Cindy when she comes to do another home-study visit at the end of the month! And maybe even have that referral by then, too! 

3 comments:

rosemary said...

I love your positive outlook! You're my "adoption attitude" guru!

dawn said...

Very soon you will no longer be at the mercy of all these official agencies...wahoo.
Very soon you will be sitting with your daughter in your arms and smelling the wondrful smell of baby hair. I happen to think it is the best smell in the world.

Mireille said...

Miracles do happen! That was the slogan on our adoption announcement card, and it is so true!! Soon it is coming my dear friend...it is in the air!!