Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Roller Coaster Continues

Up, down, and up again.  (Sigh) What a ride.  At least I am not staying down for long. A family from Wacap got their referral yesterday. While we are thrilled that another child gets a family and happy for that family (whoever they may be), I was rather bummed to hear only ONE referral came in. I read the word "one" and my heart sank. I thought they came in batches? Where are the rest? I was like, um, you forgot a few! I can't stand the thought of waiting yet another month and having to wait even longer to hold our little girl. Yesterday I saw a cute baby being held by her mom at the auto show and it got me all choked up. My baby needs to be held! Why oh why does she have to wait so long? It doesn't seem fair that she is in need of someone to love her and here we are so wanting to hold and love her, but we can't be there yet. I know everyone is doing the best they can to get these kids home with their families, but some days it's just so frustrating! And some times it just gets to me despite my best efforts.

Jeff was actually excited by the news. He took it as a good thing and feels confident that it means ours will be in soon. That thought is so much better than mine so I am jumping on his bandwagon and forcing myself to stay positive. After all, they ARE working on Wacap families now and that is GREAT. One more family is rejoicing and we are one more step closer to our daughter. A friend reminded me how other agencies have had them trickle in over a week or so period. So let's go with that! Here's to more referrals for us Wacap families this month!! Cross those fingers and and say some prayers, people! Pray, meditate, chant! Repeat after me: MUST. GET. REFERRALS!

4 comments:

Missy said...

Wow, we had almost the exact same experience this week. We only had 1 referral for this month too. I knew Friday was our last day of hope because our agency in Taiwan is closed for CNY next week. I also saw the cutest baby yesterday. She was adopted from Russia but was Asian. I felt like I was going to burst out and cry. You are not alone!

rosemary said...

I'm with you, Sweetie. Sometime I feel like we are never going to get that referral. It's all going to be ok though. Someday soon it's going to be ok.

Kam said...

Argh. Well, I will have to jump on with you. So sorry...kept hoping yours was the one. Finally checked in tonight and well poop. But your hubs is right...soon, soon and you'll have that coveted referral packet delivered to your door! Thinking of you tonight~

Ellie said...

Jen!!! I've been missing all of your posts for the last few weeks! My blog no longer notifies me when you create a new post!

I had that same sinking feeling when I heard about the WACAP referral! (That was back when I was anticipating that we might also be traveling soon!)

Yours is coming SOON!!! Anytime, lady, Anytime!!!