Monday, February 16, 2009

10 Little Toes


10 Little Toes
On perfect little feet
Little flat feet
On floors that are clean

Sweet little dress
With flowers and hot pink
Beautiful skin and a
Smile that makes me sing

First little smile
That we ever did see
Lights up a room
Even one across the sea

Big brown eyes
That can melt this heart of mine
Sweet little face
Brings me joy every time

New pics of you
Make a Mom and Dad smile
Knowing your happy
Makes the wait worthwhile

Gee, guess what I got today?? No, not that coveted referral, but new pictures! Something to tide us over for a little while longer and really make our day. A wonderful mom I have recently gotten to know went to NST this weekend and took pictures of our Ruby for us. Yet another act of kindness from a mom who understands. We feel so darn lucky! So many angels looking out for us while on this long and winding path to baby!

She looks healthy and oh so big! It actually took a few minutes to wrap my head around the fact that she grew so much in just a few months. She's not exactly a baby anymore. But she is a precious little girl that is growing and thriving and showing her personality in the photos. Really so great to see! She is walking well and developing great. One care giver said they she was talking, too, and she did a little "wai"! Oh so sweet, wish I would have see a shot of that! She's taken to a student that volunteers at the orphanage and is in one of the photos. It's so obvious that the student is taken with her too which just warms my heart! So good for her to be bonding to someone! Even if she isn't sure about us at first, she will have already known the feeling of bonding and is more likely to do it again. We are thrilled with all this news.

So today we are still waiting, but we are waiting with smiles on our face. Now if I could just get off the computer and stop looking at her!



7 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited that you received updated photos of Ruby. I had a feeling you had news of some kind as I felt that I needed to check your blog this morning. Precious little toes (and absolutely wonderful, heartfelt poem). So happy for you!

Jessica said...

Hurray! So glad for you. So glad she looks healthy and strong. Thanks for sharing 10 beautiful little tootsies with the rest of us.

Wyndee said...

Yeah!!!!! What precious little piggies!!! :-)

Ellie said...

So precious, Jen!!!

Love to you,
ellie

Mireille said...

What a great poem Jen!! And I love little toes, so sweet!!

rosemary said...

Oh her little foot is so sweet! I know you must want to kiss it all over.

Kam said...

WooHoo!!! New pics! That's so great Jen! I'm so happy for you! I'm sure she looks beautiful! Even bigger...they are still beautiful!

Blessings to you my friend!