Saturday, February 14, 2009

LOVE


I went searching for a Valentines message tonight on google. I wanted something Thai that was related to Valentines or love or sentiment. I didn't find much but found this beautiful heart necklace engraved with Thai script. It means, quite simply, "love". Hoping to get something like this in Thailand. How beautiful!

I also searched for a poem or quote that would hit home with me today. I didn't really find anything that could express the feelings in my heart.  I fought the pull on my heartstrings that plagued me all day as I witnessed one cute kid after another dressed in pink or red. I purposefully looked away from candy hearts, red sprinkles on cute little cupcakes, and pink and white balloons carried by kids in the same colors. I fought hard to not shed a tear, but I did it. Love will conquer all, I thought. We will have her soon and have all these joys and many holidays to share with her. In the meantime, I have an amazing husband who always gives me all of his beautiful heart. For him I am most grateful today! (Love you, hubby!)

I found two Thai phrases that describe our feelings exactly so I thought I would share those:

Ruk Raek Po means "love at first site" & how we felt the first time we saw her big, brown eyes.

Hua jai kong pom ben kong koon means "my heart is yours" and really, that says it all.

Love to everyone today and love to your precious little ones!


2 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Wow, so many posts since I last checked. I was getting a little blogger crazy, so I'm trying to limit my checking blogs to only once or twice a week. Last week was our son's birthday, so I didn't check many blogs at all. I'm even behind on the Russian families I keep in touch with since our daughter's adoption.

Anyway, I'm glad you are doing well and sorry to hear that you are still waiting. I was so hopeful that you would receive good news after the last board meeting. I know how anxious you are to hear news. My thoughts are with you.

I love, love, love the Asian doll you purchased and food items from Pottery Barn. You, like me, went a little crazy while waiting...but, you won't have as much time to shop once your little one is home so think of it as planning and shopping ahead :o) I always love the items you find as they are so cute and unique! Thanks for letting us know where you find them.

Looking forward to hearing news soon! Praying for you, your family, and your little one!!

rosemary said...

I love this necklace, Jenn! Where did you find it? I really want one!