Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mother Bridge Of Love


I left my mom an excited message at 6:30 am yesterday before boarding a plane to come home. I knew she wouldn't hear the phone while sleeping because it was downstairs and I was just dying to tell her we got pictures of Ruby. Jeff picked me up at the airport and we got home around 9 am. By the time Jeff dropped me off and left for a business meeting shortly thereafter, a car comes pulling up the driveway. Mom?? Yes, she heard the message and drove all the way from Harrisburg (about 2 hours away) to see pics of her Granddaughter! How sweet is that? She doesn't have email yet on her new computer and couldn't stand the thought of waiting all week to see her face. LOL. See where I get my patience from? :-)

Anyway, we had a great breakfast together and a really nice visit. We looked through Ruby's things and tried to decide what might still fit her (LOL).  She brought us the most beautiful and soft baby blanket (pink and green to match her room) and this book. By far, one of those most incredible books out there on the market for adoptive moms. Touching and well written. Simply stated and yet it says so much. The poem was actually anonymously submitted to the charity of the same name and encourages families to celebrate the various forms and roles of love a family provides. The illustrations are also gorgeous. I cried. Great gift, Mom!!

We also had wonderful talks with Jeff's parents, his sister, cousins, and friends. Thank you all for your excitement!

5 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Your mom is precious. What a perfect thing for her to do! I know my mom is the first person that I want to share my news with, so I'm so glad that your mom drove to your house to spend the day with you! Thanks Mom!!

Your mom is so sweet!!

Mireille said...

How sweet of your mom to do that! She is as anxious as you are to hold those little sweet toes ;-)

dawn said...

Such a wonderful Grandma!
It really can't be much longer cos if I don't see a face to match this beautiful little girl soon I will burst!

rosemary said...

I'm so happy that you guys have this kind of parental support and love during this time. That must be wonderful!

Kam said...

Aren't moms just the greatest!?! So fun to share good news and adorable pictures with! We are hoping for some new ones of Joel soon too! The TRC got back to Kate and our friends have permission to visit him!