Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Goose Bumps!

Our group prayer the other day worked! I went into the back room just after noon on Saturday. I closed my eyes and as I began I got goose-bumps all up and down my arms! Maybe that sounds weird, but it was really a good feeling. I felt so connected. To God and to all of my friends also sharing the love. Felt like our positive energies were all going out there and hitting the stars and beyond! I somehow felt lighter that whole day and felt like everything is going to be okay now, even if it takes me awhile to get used to the new time frame (or lack of one). 

Well, if you read Saturday's post, one of the first things I asked for in my prayer was simple. Just someone to hug my daughter and let her know she is loved. We got that answered today. We just connected with someone local and she is going to get that hug and be told (in Thai) how much we love her. Is that amazing, or what?

Thanks for all your kind emails, calls, and comments. Being overworked, exhausted, tired of traveling from city to city, and being away from Jeff and home all contributed to my mood this past week. The news was hard enough, but with all the other added factors I was a bit of a mess! Today, I have gotten another sign that it is okay. So I am getting my butt to the gym, studying some Thai, and getting my head out of the adoption for awhile. Wishing you all a happy day!

3 comments:

Ellie said...

So glad for your new connection! How amazing is that!?! Sending hugs your way!
ellie

Jessica said...

Love that you AND Ruby are getting hugged (literally and figuratively).

Carey and Norman said...

Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you feel like you connect with your child (a thought, feeling, etc.) even when they are many miles away. It won't be long until you give Miss Ruby a hug yourself!