Thursday, February 19, 2009

Weekly Inspiration


"Faith goes up the stairs love has built and looks out the window which hope has opened"
Charles Spurgeon

I like this one. I have a renewed hope because we got those recent pictures of our daughter. It wasn't some random background shot from months ago (although we SO appreciated those) where we still had to fill in the blanks and wonder what she was like now. No, it is NOW! We know how she looks just this past WEEKEND and it has filled our hearts with a happiness and a peace and a little more patience. She looks great! Healthy and beautiful and even smiling! We know she is okay. The main reason she was considered "slight delayed development" was because she wasn't standing or walking for a long time. The caregivers had to massage her little legs daily. And now she is walking and talking and seems to be on target! Words can not express how grateful we are for this. We also feel she is being very well cared for. I can hardly ask for more in this moment. 

It is easier for us to look out that window and have hope today, but just days ago, that wasn't the case. That also isn't the case for a lot of families that are still waiting for word, for pictures, for any update at all. It's so difficult to understand unless you are going through the ups and downs of the adoption process. Some days are just agony. Many filled with frustration. One minute up, one minute down. So I propose a grand gesture...possibly over the top to some or an every day thing to others. I suggest a serious, group effort prayer to get our children home quickly. Those that know me well, know that I am not traditionally religious. I am, however, deeply spiritual and pray often. It doesn't matter what faith you ascribe to or where you are in the process or if you adopting at all. Love is universal and it is powerful. Let's put our hearts and minds together and move some mountains! Let's put out some positive energy!

I propose that we set an exact time for us all to pray. For ourselves and every other family waiting right now - by name, if possible - and get our kids home quickly. Are you in? How about 10 am East Coast time on Sat? Leave me a comment or email me if your in. If you are out of country you'll have to just make your best guess at time or do it some time during the day. I leave you with one more little inspiration quote to drive the point home...

"There are only 2 ways of spreading light...To be the candle or the mirror that reflects it"
Edith Wharton

Let's spread light people! :-)

UPDATE: Forgot about West Coast time being so early! Let's do noon on Sat. East Coast time.

8 comments:

Mireille said...

That's 4pm on Saturday for me...I am in!! Some positive attraction is always great!

Jessica said...

Jen,

I love it. I'm in! The power of prayer is an amazing thing. (I'm just glad I wake up early even on the weekends considering my timezone or I might not be nearly as enthusiastic.)

Jessica

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, Im down in Aus so although I will be with you on this, just maybe ahead or behind you. Gem x

Julie said...

Jen, I am so pleased you have had an update and some new photos. I remeber how much each new peice of information ment to us during the waiting.
Julie

Ellie said...

I'm in, Jen!

Nichole and Craig said...

Count me in 8-)

I am glad you were able to get some recent pictures. Hopefully you will hear something after the next board meeting.

Anonymous said...

I am in.

christina said...

Sending you guys some good referral vibes. You may or may not remember but we had come across a little delay as well and it was excruciating to be left behind from the rest of the group. Hang in there. I know that this will mean nothing to you, but one day in the not so distant future this heart ache will be a memory and the very day you guys become a family this low feeling will be something you can barely remember. Really, it's hard to believe, but I'm living proof that you will live through this stall and that your heart will stay whole.
Love, Christina