Saturday, February 21, 2009

Need A Little Sunshine

This morning I sit here wondering exactly how to start. Imagine, me, temporarily at a loss for words? I began the previous post to boost the spirits of my friends out there that are also waiting and to spread the love. Today, I find myself needing a huge dose of it myself. So this will be a rather sappy post in contrast to yesterdays...

We spoke with Wacap yesterday. She talked to the social worker. We are somehow not up yet and will not be presented at the next board meeting. I can't believe it. There are still 5 cases ahead of us - as they also said last month. Yet in November we were "next". Thailand seems to be in complete stall mode right now and no one seems to know why. Instead of saying we really should be getting our referral since our dossier has been in for 8 months, Wacap is now saying they have no idea. The wait time from Wacap (after dossier to getting referral) was 2-10 months and now it is 4-12. We are confused and frustrated. We know everything happens for a reason, but to still not know anything is really hard. To realize now that not only are we not getting the referral again this month but it may not be next month either....it's tough to swallow. We thought we were so close....So yesterday was a very difficult day. I couldn't even find the words to post.

But today is another day. I need me some good group vibes so let's start sending out the love, okay? 12 noon today (whatever that time is where you live) let's say a special prayer...

For all of the many orphans worldwide to find their forever families.
For paperwork in Thailand to start moving.
For all the wonderful friends in our circle that are waiting right now to finally get their good news to have strength and patience while waiting. And for their good news to come soon!
For everyone waiting for their children that we don't know.
For our beautiful children to find their way home as soon as humanly possibly.
For those that have their new children home to have a smooth transition and a wonderful bonding experience with them.
And a huge thank you for all of those that already have their beautiful children home.

And today my own personal prayer to add to that will start something like this...

God watch over our beautiful little Ruby!
Keep her safe from harm and let her be loved by someone there. A hug, a kiss, some extra attention of any kind. We are so grateful that there is a kind student that she feels close to!
Thank you for her beautiful life. That we should be so lucky to be her parents.
I know you will send her into our arms at the right time. Please keep me strong and 
let me be an inspiration to others during the wait. As all of my dear friends have been to me.
Let me grow and learn more so that I can be everything my daughter needs and please let us get over their soon. Her precious heart needs mom and dad. And we need her.

Thank you everyone for your continued kindness, friendship, and for joining our prayer!
Peace & Love,
Jen



8 comments:

Jessica said...

Wouldn't it be nice if we could know the "whys" to all of our questions NOW. Prayers for speedy tomorrows for all of us but especially for you right now.

Ellie said...

Jen, I wish I lived near you!! I'd be over to visit, bringing tea and cookies! My words are not adequate to satisfy the longing you are feeling for your sweet Ruby Kate, for the hopelessness that can sometimes sneak up on the most optimistic person, when they are facing the unknown/unexpected. I do know that God is a just God. I know that he loves the fatherless (our precious little ones in Thailand)! I know that He is faithful. My prayer is Psalm 146...

"Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord O my soul.
I will praise the Lord all my life.
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

Do not put your trust in princes (or social workers),
in mortal men, who cannot save.
When their spirit departs, they return to the ground,
on that very day their plans come to nothing.

Blessed is he whose help is in the God of Jacob,
whose hope is in the Lord his God.
the Maker of heaven and earth,
the sea, and everything in them--
the Lord, who remains faithful FOREVER.
He upholds the cause of the oppressed
and gives food to the hungry.
The Lord sets prisoners free,
the Lord gives sight to the blind,
the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down,
the Lord loves the righteous,The Lord watches over the alien
and sustains the FATHERLESS and the widow,
but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.

The Lord reigns forever,
your God, O Zion, for all generations.

Praise the Lord."

Praying for you. Praying for Ruby Kate. Sending love your way...
ellie

Kam said...

If I lived near you, I'd come over with Ellie and add hugs to those cookies and tea. I'm so sorry, Jen. I'm so sorry that this road seems to be wearing you down. You have such a sweet spirit and always an encouraging word. I so much want to encourage you in return but I'm at a loss for words. I prayed for you several times today. I'm asking for clarity and for peace. And I echo all of the requests you mentioned in your post.

I hope you have the best night's sleep ever and that you will wake up refreshed and renewed to press on.

Hugs to you~

Carey and Norman said...

Oh Jen,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are still waiting and have several families still ahead of you in the process. My hearts aches for you, because adoption is so hard. You must rely on others to complete your paperwork and all you can really do is wait and pray. God is watching over Ruby. We may not ever know the reasons that he has prolonged her adoption, but we must trust that his timeline is best. I know it doesn't stop the worry or longing for your child. Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that you will receive an update soon!

Much Love!

Mrs. Mark Arni said...

Jen and Jeff, I am so very sorry for the disappointing news you received from WACAP! Sometimes, there is seemingly no rhyme or reason for how the Thai system operates. May the Lord comfort your hearts as you continue to wait!

Hugs,

Chris

Mireille said...

Oh dearest Jen, so hard to write words that will comfort you. Know that you are in my thoughts and I wish I could do more than I can from such a long distance. Hang in there, it's all worth it!!

Chris and Terri said...

Jen - I'm with you in not understanding the whys. Sorry! I keep thinking of all those parents who are waiting and all the kids who are waiting. I'm sending you a big virtual turtle sundae with extra syrup and rich whip cream, nuts and a cherry (unless you have an allergy to nuts and then those aren't on it)! (and a bottle of your favorite wine in case the sundae doesn't help) :)
HUGS!
Terri

dawn said...

Arghhh, it isn't fair. I know those are child like words but sometimes they just sum it up better than anything else I have to say.
Waiting with you.
Dawn