Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Making Music!


Wow. What an incredible few days. Been pulling 8-9 hour days in the studio and man, oh, man, what an experience it has been! This whole idea was born last summer. I went into the studio to record a few songs to send to Thailand for my baby. I thought if she could only hear me sing to her maybe it would be of some comfort to her - now and later.  I don't know if they ever got it but hopefully she will hear me sing to her someday soon. (If it's only when CD is in stereo and turned up a bit that's okay but she WILL hear it!)  I recorded 5 songs.

The vocals were raw with emotion, but shaky since I hadn't sung professionally in a year or so. To be honest, I really tried to let that part of my life go. I thought I just didn't have what it takes and it was time to throw in the towel and just be a mom and wife. Not that those things are the not the MOST IMPORTANT on the planet, but I realize now I need a little something for me, too. Not full time, but just enough to keep it alive. And didn't my beautiful daughter just inspire it all! That is really the coolest part. I wrote a song for her and it seems to be everyone's favorite. I wasn't really trying. For once, I just let go and the song popped into my head so easily I feel I can hardly take credit for it! It wasn't me...it was divine intervention!!!
Really, all I wanted was to sing from my heart and make the CD good enough to raise money for childrens' charities. I feel so happy at how it is turning out. We have ten tunes so far. Some real magic this week. Hopefully, I can touch a lot of people. That is my goal.

So the last 3 days have been non-stop. My Uncle Bob is my producer and has a far better ear for things than I EVER will! He hears things that I never could dream of and found this pianist/guitarist/whateverist(!) that is so incredible that I still can't believe he would even want to work with me! What is cool about George is that he can play ANYTHING and yet there is no ego whatsoever. That is rare! And he is just this incredible musician! He helped me with my original and made it what it is. In fact, he made ALL the tunes come alive. We all had a great time this week and created some seriously pretty stuff! I can't wait to share with all of you! Going back in on Monday to finish up vocals and do 2 more songs and then late next week it should be all mixed and done. So stay TUNED! Lullabies are on their way!



5 comments:

Jessica said...

Can't wait to hear it. I'm sure it's sheer magic!

christina said...

I hope you link an audio to your blog so we can hear it. I thought you are still working professionally, what do you call getting all those gigs singing at this convention and the other?

rosemary said...

How wonderful! I know it's going to sound gorgeous and be such a treasure to Ruby!

Carey and Norman said...

Just remember to keep a copy for me once your done! I can't wait to hear your lullabies!!

Megan said...

How exciting! I can't wait to hear it. What a wonderful story for Ruby some day!!

Blessings~