Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Well, I wasn't sure what I was going to post about today. I thought about it for the last few days. How did I feel exactly? I am a mom/not-yet mom.  I am still here and she is still there.I could easily get all down if I let myself thing about it much, BUT...I AM her mother and this year she knows it. She has seen my photo and heard my voice and may somehow understand it. So, yea, I AM a mom, now aren't I? Why not celebrate it instead of being sad?

I woke up this morning to my husband handing me a cup of coffee (as he does most mornings) and wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. I then opened my email and found a beautiful ecard from him and a nice email from my Mom wishing me the same. I am loved and I decided NOT to spend this day with any sadness. I am so blessed to have the life I have. I have a wonderful husband, Mom, Mother-in-law, and many wonderful friends and relatives. The sun is shining and it promises to be a gorgeous day. Both our Mom's ended up to be busy today so Jeff & I are going into downtown Philly to go to have lunch and go to the art museum to see the Cezanne exhibit. The hubby is making me breakfast as I type and I am really looking forward to spending the day with my sweet partner...my soulmate and best friend.

Wishing a beautiful day to our Moms and Grandma Kitzmiller. You are beautiful women and we are who we are because of you and your love and presence in our lives. Today we thank you for all the things you do and for just being there.

My Mom and Jeff 

My Mother-in-law and I down at the beach last summer.

Jeff and Grandma Kitz

Me and Grandma.

And always remembered, my beautiful Gram, Kate (Katherine). 

Wishing all of you Mom's a beautiful day!


4 comments:

Mireille said...

Happy Happy Mother's Day and YES you are a MOTHER and a great one as well!! Just think about next year, it will be even sweeter!! Love, M

dawn said...

Happy mothers day to Ruby's mummy.

Jessica said...

Happy Mother's Day Jen!

christina said...

Happy Mama's Day!
xoxo