Monday, May 18, 2009

Meet Sawan


Been meaning to write about a boy we just started to sponsor. Our friend, Sharon, posted about her experience with an organization called Compassion. They are really wonderful and we may have the opportunity to meet him someday. His name is Sawan and of all the kids on their site, his almost mischievous smile made me pick him immediately! Add to that, his description said he loves music. I was like, that's it! He's the one! So allow me to introduce Sawan. How cute is he? He lives in NW Thailand - not far from a friend of mine. Can't wait to meet him and his family someday!

Did anyone watch Extreme Make Over: Home Edition last night? What a beautiful show! The family they helped was just incredible. Three great teenage boys and a dad with a heart of gold. I love that show and how they make such a huge difference in people's lives! Last night's show was just incredible to see. Something worthwhile on television and someone giving back to a wonderful man that has helped so many others. What a very cool and wonderful thing.

3 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

What a little cutie! Sawan is so adorable. I too love the smirk (grin)!!

I'm so very sorry to hear of the e-mail from WACAP concerning your referral. I was so hoping after returning from vacation last week to see good news posted first thing this afternoon. My heart is with you as you await more news. I pray that God moves mountains and united you with Miss Ruby soon. I know how much you want to hug and kiss those precious cheeks!

Thinking of you!

Carey

Ellie said...

He's precious, Jen! That would be wonderful, for you to be able to meet him, like Sharon meets with the girl she sponsors! Wonderful!

Jessica said...

I wasn't familiar with Compassion until recently. But it's been popping up everywhere and seems like a great organization. I hope you get to meet Sawan someday. How cool is that!