Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Project Baby Proof

Daddy installs window locks in Ruby's room.

Jeff & I are back home safe and sound and kicking into full throttle with house projects.  Been so busy, in fact, that I can't believe how fast the days are going! We are baby proofing, rearranging and organizing like nobody's business. We decided he should move his office upstairs before the baby gets home and I would take his. So we were moving drawers and files and furniture and cleaning along the way. It needed to be done anyway. So much clutter in both of our offices. 

I ordered a few more safety things from One Step Ahead the other night and we hit Home Depot last Saturday for some special locks and shims (for the dressers so they can't fall over). We have locks and latches for everything! I started washing Ruby's clothes, too. I had talked about it for some time, but finally took the tags off all the items I thought for sure would fit and did a load. So sweet to see her stuff hanging down there! So I'm tired, but having fun prepping for baby. :-)

Pretty little laundry piles.

Check out these cute socks with the critters on them!

Me cleaning the floors. I am smiling, but really I am thinking, dear God, how I miss my cleaning woman!

6 comments:

rosemary said...

You have to share all your baby proofing wisdom with me! What is one step ahead? I love that picture of all Ruby's cute clothes clean out of the laundry!! Did you just cry doing the first load? I think I would have but I am crazy emotional right now.

Jessica said...

Who knew laundry could be so cute! Glad you're getting so much knocked out now. Happy sanding and staining.

Kam said...

You've been busy! Love seeing that pile of clothes! I bet they smell all sweet and snuggly! She'll be getting them dirty before you know it!

Maci Miller said...

Rosemary, you GOTTA check out www.onestepahead.com. They have everything you could ever need for safety and baby-proofing! I got some Safety First products at Target and BabiesRUS, but the hard to find items - like an oven lock and a lock with alarm for the sliding glass door - I got at one step ahead. Also some great solutions for hiding and securing wires. Good stuff!

Note to all: DON'T buy the expandable stove screen or if you do be warned that it is not full proof. It just has little stickies to hold it on and they don't stick. It has fallen down like 10 times already. Going to try velcro as it is the only stove screen I have found to keep little fingers from touching the stove.

and yea..I was a bit misty doing her clothes and putting them back all warm and clean in her drawers! Want to see those little PJ's ON HER!

Sharon said...

Jen, I loved washing and ironing Khye's little clothes - it makes it feel real hey!

You have been busy! Looks good. We won't put a new kitchen in until later on in the year - it's ok the way it is for now.

Any news on when you may travel?

christina said...

you actually get down on your hands and knees to clean the floor? Good god, don't come over to my house then. Hey, I have latches for drawers, lots of latches, can I send them your way? We only needed two for knife drawers. I don't know what to do with the extras, they've been in my linen closet forever.