Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Early Morning News From Thailand

The beautiful Ekman Garden Inn, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Thailand

I woke up early today and ran to the computer. Okay, I do that most days...except for the early part! But I knew there was a Mom visiting Nakhon Si Thammarat orphanage this week and I also knew the kind woman, Anna, who runs a hotel there (and who took pics of Ruby for us back in Feb) was going to be with her. I asked them both to find out whatever they can about her hearing and speech, and if possible, to get her current weight and sizes. Also to find out what the orphanage needs and who the sweet nanny is on her video. I made a "still" shot of her with Ruby off the video and sent to Anna.  

So I got an email from the lovely Mom who says Anna was there last week and took pics of our daughter and has good news for us!!! She said Anna's email got returned to her and she is trying to get in touch with me! OMG! So I wrote her back immediately with my other email and Jeff's and then frantically deleted emails for HOURS off both my Comcast and Verizon servers and also my inbox in an effort to solve whatever email problem I have. Geez, do I have a lot of emails! Deleted 1300 off Comcast alone and that is just June and July! Really got to get off some of those mailing lists!!!

Anyway, she has good news about Ruby! What is it, I wonder? My mind just started racing when I read that. Could it be she is talking? Hearing better? Happy and well and knows we are coming? Maybe the orphanage knows something we don't...like when we are expected to be there! Oh gosh, I will be on pins and needles until I hear from her! We will get news and pics from last week, and then pics from today's visit!!! Is that amazing or what? The kindness of strangers on this journey is a constant inspriration and reminder of all the good people in this world. The email was sent to myself and another family - one that has become a good friend - and also adopting from NST. This is the line that got me the most:

"You should know that Anna has been watching out for your babies and has brought them some clean towels and clothes so that they are well taken care of. She is their guardian angel!"

How do you repay someone for kindness like that? What a beautiful heart this woman has and how truly blessed are we to know her! I just can't get over how lucky we are! I have been giddy for hours about all this, but my mind does go back now and then to the clean towel thing. Do they not have clean towels? Do they have so little that they all share until it is dirty? Or are they just old and ratty looking? That is really sad to me. A clean towel. Something we take for granted every day. God bless that woman for looking after our daughters!!! I am adding towels, now, to the long list of things I want to buy for them when we get there...shoes, clothes, education toys for the little ones, coloring books and crayons, band aids and first aid stuff, vitamins, toothbrushes & paste, toiletries, books, sheets, crib sheets, first aid stuff, diapers, formula, etc. But anyway, I don't want to think about that too much when we have been given such a gift today. We are blessed with enough to be able help the orphanage and we have been sent so many incredible people to help us along our journey!

Please, if you know someone going to southern Thailand, tell them about Ekman Garden Inn, pictured above. A charming and beautiful resort outside of Nakhon Si Thammarat and only a mile from the beach. Anna is not only the kindest person I have ever known, but also a translator! They can drive you to and from the orphanage, as well. It is owned and run by Anna and her husband and this is what Sheri said about it today in her email: "We are here at the absolutely beautiful Ekman Gardens where Anna and Stefan are our hosts. You will not believe how beautiful it is and how much you will feel at home here. We commented last night that it is like staying at our families home but here in Thailand-we will definitely come back here regularly when we visit Thailand." We can't wait to stay there and give them the biggest hugs and thanks!!!

6 comments:

rosemary said...

This post made me cry. I too am amazed at all the kind and loving people we have met in the adoption world. I understand your fear over the "towels" thing but if it brings you any comfort the girls home I work with in Chiang Rai is top notch, super clean and very loving and we are always running out of towels. It's just an item that gets a lot of use in a group living situation and we deeply appreciate it when anyone donates new towels so maybe its a similar type of thing.

Maci Miller said...

That actually DOES make me feel better, Roses! Thanks! And guess what? You are also one of the people I am so thankful to have met on this journey!

Kam said...

Yay Jen! How fun! New pictures and an update! I'm on pins and needles with you! Can't wait to hear your good news!

Ellie said...

totally with you today! that's the line in the email that got to me, too! i was telling my hairstylist today, and was brought to tears AGAIN!!!

I want to stay up all night, and wait for our updates! Probably shouldn't do that in case they don't get them sent immediately :)

dawn said...

I am going to burst so I just don't understand how you are holding it together?
Yeesh...would you please leave already I am going bonkers.

Julie said...

What a wonderful post. This must mean so much to you. It is good you have more photos to.
Julie