Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fun, Friends, Family, Fashion


Despite my panic as of late and tons of paperwork and to do lists to plow through, I managed to squeeze in some good times! Last week I had a full social calendar and lots of girlish fun! 

Started out with a fun shopping trip downtown (Philly) with my friend Charlsey and a bunch of her neighborhood friends. The event is called Shecky's girls night out and I don't know where on earth I have been cause I never even heard of it! Evidently, they have them in every city. Look for it, ladies, cause it's a fun event! You walk away with a great goodie bag and there are many deals to be had!  The pic above came from their website. They caught us proudly displaying our goods and the one below is me excitedly holding the fab new dress I found! It's a bubble dress and has these cute big pockets on the front. Can't wait to wear it! Can you see the giddiness jumping off this picture? 

I scored the purple dress, a cute brown sun dress designed by a sweet girl from Thailand (worn in the pics below), and got some awesome skin cream with lemongrass and coconut. Smells that remind me of Thailand. Great girls night out!

Headed up to NYC on Friday to meet my blogging friend, Mireille (pronounced Mee-ray) from Funky Doodle Donkey. A fun, creative, and lovely person with two gorgeous twin girls from Thailand. I knew I would like Mireille the first time I saw her blog. She's this amazing photographer, world traveler,  great cook, a fun, free spirited person, and great mom. Over a 3 hour lunch at Bar Artisanal we had fun conversation, great food, and I got to know her adorable daughters. They are as sweet and charming as they are pretty and I so enjoyed them. Jasmine was beside me and wasn't so sure about this stranger (me) at first. But by the time I left she was playing with my bracelets and both girls gave me a big hug. So sweet! Had a great time and Mireille presented me with some absolutely ADORABLE clothes for our little Miss Ruby! Thanks, Mireille! (Jeff says thanks too and thinks they are super cute!) They were on a whirlwind tour and headed back to South Africa soon, but I hope to see them next time in country and hope they will come stay with us in Philadelphia a few days!

The rest of the weekend was spent with my in-laws. They are just so great! Had a great time with them and it's so wonderful to see how excited they are about Ruby coming home soon. My mother in law was looking quite chic this weekend...check her out in her pink. I had to snap a pic of her cooking up something good while looking so snazzy! :-)
The next day we had a proper ladies day out: We dressed up, went downtown, had lunch, and walked through the art museum all day. It was wonderful!

There was an exhibit there I've been dying to see called "Shopping In Paris". It was a bit of a disappointment as there were only maybe 15-20 dresses in a small room, but still it was worth the look-see. THIS is what I would be wearing if back in that era...

How fabulously glamorous is that??? I LOVE french toile. And look at the details and fine fabric... 
Liked these also...
In the same building they had the Matisse collection which was very nice and then another fashion exhibit upstairs - this time Tokyo. Very cool and outrageous fashions there and a fashion show video you could watch with some really elaborate runway shows. Fun!

Next we hit the main building and found a whole Asian art exhibit. Super cool with lots of gorgeous art and stone Buddhas and stuff like that. Only a few pieces from Thailand, but loads from China, and then some from Japan, India, Cambodia, and Indonesia. Here is an authentic Japanese tea house set up inside one room. Really cool. Uh, honey, I think we need one of these for the backyard???

Got back to the house in time to have cocktails and appetizers with the guys out on the patio, then we all went out to dinner.  Capped off the night with a movie I've been dying to see: Shopaholic. The books are way better, but it was really cute and a great way to end a great week.

8 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like you had fun! What cute little girls!!

Blessings~

Mireille said...

My first day of reading my beloved blog and what do I see, my face in it. Wow, you were active those last few days. Thank you for being such a great friend, it was so fabulous to finally meet you!!

Jessica said...

That top pic is great! You look like you're having a blast. I've never heard of this event either. Going to have to check it out. Glad you're squeezing in lots of "you" time before it's Ruby time.

rosemary said...

Oh what a fun time had by all!! I'm so sorry that I didn't get to make it up to NYC to join you and Mireille! Glad you've been getting in some good times though.

Chris and Terri said...

Wow that looks like such fun! I've never heard of this event either but my girls and I always talk about the Girls Night Out business opportunities! Someday...

Ellie said...

Looks like a ton of fun!!! Love the purple dress!

Wyndee said...

Oh what fun!!!!!

Kam said...

What a fun weekend! You look so happy and just like you're lovin' life right about now! So glad you were able to spend time with family! What a blessing! You'd look great in that dress, btw! I'm a sucker for French toile myself!