Friday, July 10, 2009

My Where Has The Time Gone?

Now that's a phrase I never thought I'd say on this process! Whereas much of the last year has gone by at a snail's pace, the last month has FLOWN by. Between all my projects around the house and in the yard AND our heightened social schedule, the days and weeks are gone in the blink of an eye. But hey, this is A-okay with me! Come on August!

You know I've got to be pretty busy when I don't even blog much. Yesterday, I finally had the time, but our internet was down. Today I have both the time and my coveted service back. So, gee, where to start? This is going to be another one of those 2 post days cause there is so much to catch up on...

Had such a great time last weekend that I just set the camera down and enjoyed in it. We are so blessed with the great people in our lives. Jeff's Mom and Dad came down last weekend for the 4th and it was SO nice. His mother brought down tons of food she made so all we had to do is throw some stuff on the grill and relax and enjoy! She made us a key lime pie that was killer and then gave me the recipe so I could make it for my family that is coming down this weekend. I actually made 4 pies in the last two days and got a report back from my neighbor (that got one) that it was yummy! Yay! Never made a pie before so I am very pleased at this minor feat.

Back to last weekend... on Sunday we went with Jeff's parent's over to their cousins house for a pool party. Again, just an amazing time. They are such a beautiful family...so kind and fun and loving. They are all so excited for us to bring home Ruby and there is never a time we don't see the Poelck's and come home feeling all warm and fuzzy. They are just really great people.

The only pic I took last weekend...this cute one of Jeff and his Dad reminiscing about his sports days. While cleaning and reorganizing, I found all Jeff's old baseball cards, autographs, and pics of him playing baseball. Both him and his dad are big fans and his parents kept every single picture and newspaper clipping of Jeff playing sports through the years and put them in albums. It was a sweet moment to see Jeff and Woody walking down memory lane. They remember every detail of the games and even the scores! Geez, I can hardly tell you what I had for lunch last week! LOL!

This weekend we will host my family for a BBQ. Lots of good times this summer. :-)

No comments: