Friday, July 17, 2009

The News!!!

OMG! OMG! OMG! And by that I mean OH MY GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS MIRACLE!

We just got about the best news they could give us on our little girl. The email came in early this morning, but to not to my inbox. I stayed up and checked it as long as I could keep my eyes open and then woke up twice in the middle of the night. Nothing. I woke up finally around 9am and again nothing. Then my friend Ellie texted me. She got it! She would forward! (Jeff found later he had it in his inbox, too.) I rushed to the computer and open Ellie's email as Jeff runs up the stairs to join me. So here is the big news...

The orphanage told Anna SHE NO LONGER NEEDS HEARING AIDS AND IS TALKING!!! I stared at the screen in front of me in disbelief. Until the screen was blurry from my tearing over. I am baffled as to how and why, but, who cares! Anna said she was talking, can count to ten and much more!!! They told us she needed speech therapy and really wasn't talking back in April??? Again, I don't know how it is possible but she is doing much better and that is AMAZING!!!! We were just practicing our Thai words last night in bed and counting. Now we can do that with HER! 

I have spent countless days and nights worrying about her hearing and speech. Praying for her to be okay. Praying for the right doctors and therapists and for my own wisdom to please come so I can do the absolute best for her. Even if she still has some hearing loss and problems it will not be as bad as we thought and I bet she will hear most things. I am so happy for her and I am soooo thankful! And this next thing I'm about to say is just so dumb, but here it goes anyway...I can sing her to sleep! It's not about me or my voice or anything like that, but about bonding and soothing her (hopefully) and sharing one of the things I love so much which is music. Oh, and she can hear the ocean... and the wind... and the sweet song birds in the morning! And oh my...I'm gonna cry again!

Okay, so back to the email. We got pictures from Anna's visit last week. Two darling little pictures of her sleeping with a bottle. It's kind of bittersweet cause I love that she is still gonna need to be babied by Momma (and Daddy too, of course) and I can hold her and rock her to sleep with a bottle. But then my heart tugs and is sad that she still needs to be babied at 27 months cause we are not there yet. Both feelings happen simultaneously in this joyful, but sentimental and longing sort of way. I know some of you know what I mean.

Anyway, then wonderful sweet Anna went to the orphanage again yesterday. She took the kids toys and took several pics of Ruby and Lily together (our dear friend Ellie's little girl) as they are in the same room now. The girls are sleepy and obviously not thrilled about being woken. As Anna put it, "not feeling too social". Still they are sooo cute. Just precious shots!

My heart is filled to overflowing right now. So grateful for the miracle of Ruby's hearing and speech. Forever grateful to Anna for being so incredibly kind and loving to our girls and giving us so much joy today. There is no way I could ever repay or thank her enough for what she has done for us and our daughter. And so grateful that Ellie and I have become friends and that our daughters will have the opportunity to be friends, too. 

Jeff got some great work news today, too - hooray! - but for both of us, the news and new pics of Ruby is better than anything on this planet! So much joy for one day! We will probably spend a lot of time looking at those new photos over and over this weekend!

And PS - we both survived our Hep A & B vaccination shots this morning! The first round is over and it wasn't fun, but it's another step done for our pending trip!

10 comments:

dawn said...

Now you have really done it and I am crying! This is so wonderful and I am so happy for you on so many levels and so very happy for Ruby.

Those shots are rahter nasty but compared to that news...who even cares if your arms are sore cos your heart is soaring.

Happy happy day.

Nadine, Conn & Suri said...

Wow, I just emailed you but got my answer when I read this, I can certainky sense your emotions and this is such wonderful wonderful news, Congrats
Nadine

Ellie said...

Such wonderful news!!! I'm so happy for you! So thankful that Ruby's hearing is better than you'd prepared for. It's really so fun to see photos of the girls together!!! I am so glad that they'll have their friendship for a lifetime! What an amazing connection they have!

Kam said...

Oh, I just can't tell you how happy I am for you. What a blessing! I'm not sure why God uses prayer to accomplish His purposes...when He could speak it and it would be so. But He DOES use prayer and what a precious gift. Both for Ruby and for you and Jeff! And for all of us everywhere who are lifting this sweet, little girl up in prayer...humbled and blessed to hear this wonderful news! Enjoy your weekend!
love and hugs~

Glen and Andrea said...

Oh happy, happy, happy!! God is wonderful! I can't wait to see your daughter! Yay for Ruby! She must be a very intelligent little dot to be counting to 10 at 27 mths too!!

Wyndee said...

That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessica said...

Such great happiness! That's just incredible. This verse kept running through my mind as I read your post, "But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear." How doubly sweet for Ruby now. But, I love the double connotation because Anna has truly been your eyes and ears keeping you up-to-date.

Maci Miller said...

Wow, Jess, that gave me goosebumps! Beautiful! Thanks everyone for sharing our excitement!!!

Emily said...

oh - Jen. I hadn't read this. Now I'm gonna cry too. God is healing your sweet baby. To me it is a picture of how safe our kids are in His capable hands. He can do things even our love can't do. Not only is He holding and loving on Ruby right now, but He is healing her too.

xoxoxo

Megan said...

What fantastic news, Jen!! It is so amazing to me how God hears and answers are prayers for our children so many miles away from us!! And new pictures, how exciting. Can't wait to follow along on your travels!!

Blessings~