Saturday, August 29, 2009

2 WEEKS!

Still just walking on air. A little stressed. A wee bit nervous. But mostly, happy as can be!
The trip is booked! Except for Phuket. Gonna have to play that one by ear. Here is a quick low down:

Sept 11 - leave on Hubby's birthday!
Sept. 12 - arrive in BKK 
Sept 13 - fly to NST and meet our daughter! 
Sept 14 - meet orphanage director and probably take her with us!
Sep 17 - back to BKK
Sept 18- meet with Nuanthip (our sw) to start paperwork
Sept 23 - board meeting
Sept 24-Oct 2nd - BKK &/or a trip to Phuket in there somewhere. Depends on paperwork timing.
Oct. 2nd  - fly home!

We are sooooo lucky to have a contact down in NST! I told Anna my concern about just taking her away from all she has known the day of our first meeting. I felt that a visit on Sunday the 13th would be so helpful if we were allowed. She called the orphanage and they okayed it! We are going for a visit on Sunday! 2 weeks from tomorrow!!!!

I am so excited, but my mind is racing. Hoping I'll remember everything. Wondering how I'll be on no sleep. Wondering how she will be that first night together in the hotel and how she'll feel about us. So much to think about. I mean, I know it's gonna be fine. I really do. Even if it's tough at first it's still gonna be so great just to be with her. Just to be the ones that get to hold her and wipe her tears when she's crying. It's gonna be amazing to meet this little person we've been dreaming about for so long! And did I mention it's all gonna happen in 2 weeks??? Surreal!

11 comments:

Kam said...

Yay for two weeks!!! TWO WEEKS!!!! Jen, I'm so excited for you I can barely stand it!!! And how wonderful that you will get to meet her a little early. She will be fine. I know they will be nervous and scared. But it will soon be replaced with feelings of love and security. Hang on! I bet it's about to fly by!
Love ya~

Ellie said...

Wow, Jen!!!! You'll be holding her in your arms in 2 WEEKS!!! It MUST feel incredibly surreal! Looks like your plans are in place! Anna is such an incredible blessing! I'm going to be sending a b-day gift for you to give to Lily... It's almost ready to go. Want to get one more photo of us holding it before sending it off.

So happy for you!!!
Love,
Ellie

christina said...

It's an exciting time for sure. She (and you guys) may sleep very well the first night -with all the stuff happening that day everyone may be exhausted by the end of the day, I know we all were. Do you think you will be posting while in Thailand?

dawn said...

It really doesn't matter if you forget anything. It really doesn't matter if you haven't had enough sleep, all that is going to matter is that you and Jeff have Ruby in your arms. All the rest, the wait, the pain, the frustrations, they all go away.
The first night is a joy, even if she is sad, she is "your" sad. If she cries, you can comfort her. You know what she likes, and how she likes to be comforted because you, YOU are her mummy.
She will love you and Jeff because of the love you have for her. Our children know us...somehow they know us.

Chris and Terri said...

WOW Jen! YAY I'm so excited for you guys! 2 weeks is like a blink! I can't even believe it's finally here for you guys. So excited!

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

Jen, so excited for you, and I know how surreal it feels for you...you just can't hardley believe it will really happen!!

Hayden was VERY upset if you remember, she was not interested at all in leaving with us!! It took an hour for her to stop screaming. As the day wore on she relaxed a little bit, the second day she did okay, and then the third day she really grieved HARD!! That is when sleep was not easy. I tell you this because you know how Hayden is now!! But there were some really rough spots and I am glad I was really prepared for her to be so upset....I knew that meant she really loved her foster mom and that she would love again!! It was soooo true, but not easy!

I arrive in PHL on the 15th, so I know you will have only been home about 2 weeks but if you want to meet up and have coffee or lunch or something we all would love to meet up with you!

This is going to be a life changing experience that no one can prepare you for. I would not trade anything in the world for the experience we have had so far with Hayden and I know everything is going to be great for you. I can't wait to see the first picture of you as a family of 3!!!

2 weeks!!!!!!! yippeee!!!

Sharon said...

OMG! it's really happening! Good just to visit on the first day. We did the same with Jaxin and we are glad we did. Spent a few hours with him then went back to the hotel, had a really good sleep that night all ready for the next day when we officially received him. He was alot livlier the second day of our meeting.

Everything will be fine, don't worry. Just remember the updated photos of you all while you are away. We don't want to miss anything!!

Jessica said...

Wow! Two weeks. How great that you get to meet her a day, sounds like that will be a good transition. Hurray.

rosemary said...

So thrilled to hear you got permission for your Sunday meeting! That's wonderful!

Maci Miller said...

Thanks, girls! Gonna try my best to update and blog from Thailand!

Wyndee said...

I'm so happy for you!!!! Little Ruby will be in your arms in no time!

Your travel dates are almost exactly as ours were 5 years ago. ;-)

All will be well..... *try* not to worry.