Monday, August 31, 2009

Showered With Love


The most beautiful cake I have ever seen! I cried at the site of it! Of course, I teared up a lot yesterday, but it was tears of great joy! Our dear friends Charlsey and John threw us the most amazing co-ed shower yesterday afternoon! 

It was a wonderful day spent with some awesome people. So much love and excitement in the room! No detail was left undone. The food was great - and there was tons of it - complete with a yummy chocolate fountain! Charlsey and John stayed up till 2am the night before to hang butterflies all over the place. Butterflies we get to keep and hang in the playroom! My mom got that gorgeous cake (which tasted as good as it looked) and was in charge of the favors. Leave it to my mom to come up with something so cool and unique. She had red M&M's special made that said RUBY on them! Is that cute or what? Then she put them all in little sheer red pouches and added some red Lindt chocolates. Hard to see in the picture, but really such a nice idea! You rock, Mom!

Charlsey has a special chair for me to sit in while I opened the gifts and got Ruby an adorable pink Princess chair that every kid at the party tried out throughout the course of the day.  She had a crafty friend make a "shower" tree with baby pins and pacifiers all over it. What a wonderful person she is. Went out of her way to make everything so special for us! Charlsey & I started "trying" at the same time years ago before she had Ava. She's really been through this whole long process with me from the beginning. Her & her hubby are just wonderful people.

We got tons of great stuff for Miss Ruby. Diapers, wipes, pink hangers, a hamper, bath stuff, super cute towels with hoods (a butterfly and a pink cat), wash cloths, toys, toy bins, a doll stroller, cute wooden pots & pans, art & crafts stuff, books,...and probably a few things I am forgetting right now. I was glad Jeff was there to see everything and join in. Heck, why should the girls get all the fun? ALL the gifts were just so great and thoughtful, but there were a few that really got me the most.
1. From my mom - a simple small box. Inside, a single loose Ruby. 
2. From my mother in law - a beautiful necklace for Ruby with ruby-red fairy dust.
3. From my father in law - thoughtful & fun little things to take on the trip - bubbles that are still wrapped in plastic & won't spill in my suitcase and glow sticks. I know I will thank you a million more times when those glow sticks amuse her on a hard night or the bubbles help her out of a meltdown! (My in-laws have also helped us quite a bit with our trip!)
4. And cuter than cute...a hand made card from my nephew Ryan. He wrote "Ruby" at the top and drew a heart and wrote Ryan at the bottom. Had Minnie Mouse, a female duck (Daffy's wife?) and a female dinosaur sticker on it. He told Melissa, we have to put THESE stickers on cause it's for a girl! He's so cute! He wanted to be my helper and was an angel helping me with all the gifts. When they were leaving I gave him a hug and thanked him for helping me. I said, don't tell anyone, but your card was my FAVORITE present! He pulled back and gave me this shocked and somewhat concerned look. He said, "IT'S FOR RUBY!"  (As in, NOT FOR YOU! LOL!)
Many smiles...

Many emotions...
Lots of fun...

A good time had by all!

It was an amazing day and the best part was celebrating with the incredible people that we are lucky to call family and friends. It was so great to see how much they already love our Ruby. Everyone is soooo excited! And let me tell you, so are we!!! Thank you Charlsey & John for hosting such a wonderful day. Thank you Mom, Larae, Woody, Melissa, LuAnna, Llara, Sandy, Werner, Lisa, Kelly, Devan, Eric, Denis, Hannah, Ava, Logan, Tracey, Dave, Danica and Wayne. 

WE LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!


9 comments:

Ellie said...

What a wonderful surprise!!!! Ruby is already loved by so many people.

Nichole and Craig said...

Looks like you had tons of fun. I love the princess chair.

Jessica said...

What great fun. You deserved that day of celebration for the mom you are and the family you are about to become. That glow stick idea is smart; gonna have to remember that one.

Carey and Norman said...

What a fun shower...and I love the princess chair! Your mom did a wonderful job with the M & M treat bags...how cute and thoughtful were those!! It sounds like you have everything planned and ready to bring Miss Ruby home! I cannot wait!

rosemary said...

I am so happy for you, Jeff and Ruby! What a fun day and what a gorgeous shower! I love all your goodies and I love that all your special people took the time to love on you!!

Kam said...

How blessed you are! You made me weepy with the "simple box and loose ruby"...what wonderful memories you will carry with you and share with her someday. She is so loved.

So excited for you and can't wait to grab a hug on the other side!

Julie said...

This is so wonderful. What a special day. You ust be getting so excited now.

Sharon said...

Aaaawww, just beautiful, had me all teary also!

Anonymous said...

I know, that it is necessary to make)))