Thursday, August 13, 2009

Happy Music

Now that I know our little Ruby is hearing pretty good and likes to sing and dance I decided it was time I get her some tunage! I figure, she must have heard music if she likes to sing and dance so why not pick up a few CD's and be ready? This music loving momma has done quite a lot of research before doing her own CD and has heard the good, the bad, and the ugly! Out of all that I heard, many stood out. Check out www.pokeypup.com for a really great selection and unique finds. There were 2 CD's I just HAD to have and they just got here today! I love Putumayo Records. All of their stuff is so hip/cool/eclectic/worldy... and did I say cool? So I picked up the Asian Dreamland CD. Beautiful, dreamy, calming. Just what I need. Uh, I mean, what Ruby needs. 

But the other CD that I just KNEW I would love is Miss Ella's Playhouse featuring non other than the most fabulous singer ever (okay, in my opinion) - Ella Fitzgerald. She takes Old MacDonald and makes it this jazzy, fun masterpiece! LOVE Ella! Her "A-Tisket A-Tasket" has always been a fav but the whole CD is fun and silly, all the while hearing seriously great big bands and Ella's vocal wonder. Very cool kids CD, indeed. You can not NOT be happy listening to this CD. I can just see me and Miss Ruby be-bopping around the kitchen! 

And BTW, I am better today. I realize how lucky I am to even have these updates. I also realize she is going to be okay and it's not too much longer. So I set aside my woe, and plowed through my to-do list today. Got a lot done. Doing lots of positive things like working on the CD project, talking to pre-schools and doctors about our little Ruby, and going to the gym. Most of all, I am having faith the news will come soon. Thanks for all of the support!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Awesome sounding CD's, Jen!! I also can't wait till yours comes out! I am glad you are feeling better. It is natural and definitely OK to have sad, frustrated, down times. Don't expect perfection of yourself nor beat yourself up for wanting your daughter HERE in your arms!

Blessings~

And way to go on the to do list! I laid in the pool with the kiddos on my float ;))

Ellie said...

Ooooh! Thanks for sharing! Those both sound good!!

dawn said...

Somewhere over the rainbow is one of my all time favourites! gosh you have the most beautiful voice and I cannot wait until you can sing to Ruby.

Missy said...

GEEEEZ! Why didn't you email me about the Ella's Playhouse??? I am ordering one asap.

I notice our KOP plans seem to fall through :( This week ended up being hectic and unfortunately my job is fast approaching. We definitely need to set a date for our girls to meet (hopefully soon).