Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Weekly Inspiration

"Don't  just think about being of service to others - take action! Find out how to make TODAY the most meaningful day of your week!"

Found this nice little quote on Oprah.com. Boy, is she one amazing lady! Signed up for her Angel Network and was literally brought to tears by the number of amazing programs and charities they contribute to. It's just beautiful. Been thinking about charity a lot lately and how to do more, serve more, and get my CD to the right organization so that I can really do as much as possible with it. My original goal was to try to sell 5,000-10,000 on my own through Amazon.com, CDbaby.com, local and online retailers, and maybe some gift basket companies that do baby shower gifts and then just start my own charity or give to my favorites. It's a lofty goal to do on my own, but not impossible, I don't think. But now I am setting my sites even higher. I can still do it myself - a few cd's at a time - but I am also going to try to get in with a major store or distributor. Decided that TODAY IS THE DAY FOR SOMETHING WONDERFUL TO HAPPEN.  I went to the gym, started a new diet, am researching charities for CD and looking into local charities where I can volunteer. I am going to order a short run version of my CD today and put together a press package to pitch my ideas near and far. Going to make a difference, spread some love, and lull some kiddos to sleep in one swoop!  Yea!

2 comments:

Mireille said...

Wow, what an amazing post today Jen! I am inspired by you!!

Maci Miller said...

Thanks, Mireille!