Friday, September 11, 2009

Daddy's Words to You, " I'm Permanent "

As all of you know out there in the blogging world (who have been following our adoption adventure) Jen has been the sole writer and composer of this beautiful blog for our precious little daughter Ruby. I thought that since my emotions are high that I share my thoughts for my daughter as the time is near and our wait has finally taken it's course.

"My dear daughter Ruby, as I daydream what lies ahead, I sit here and think what the next few days and years will be like. There will be many emotional changes that will take place that will be both exciting and scary at the same time. These changes that will occur will certainly be life altering but most precious in our lives. I write you this, as I will one day want you to know how I feel with regards to this very special time in my life. Many things have crossed (and at times "raced") throughout my mind during this time in my life while waiting out this process. One thing you need to know is that I never stopped thinking of you and always imagine what took place in your life at any given moment; Are you playing or eating, are you awake or a sleep, are you happy or sad and what your feeling at any giving moment in time.... Most importantly..is there someone there when you feel all alone that will hold your hand when you need it most... These thoughts and emotions have been a daily occurrence since I saw your beautiful little face. As the day draws near and the moment approaches... as we lock eyes for the very first time... know that you will always be protected, loved unconditionally and have a hand to hold yours ....I promise, You will never feel all alone or cry yourself to sleep...I'm here for now and forever... I'm Permanent.

On my birthday today, know that you are truly the greatest gift I could ever dream of or ask for!


I can't wait to meet you and hug you...I love you!..."chan rak khoon".

Your Forever Daddy

11 comments:

John and Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Jeff! So happy that you are being given the greatest gift this year!
Love,
Nancy and John

Megan said...

Happy Birthday, Jeff!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts with us! We are a wonderful father and I can't wait to see Ruby in your arms!!

Safe travels to you both. We'll be praying!
Blessings~

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday, Jeff. What sweet words for Ruby. I'll echo the prayers for safe travels. Can't wait to read all about it. Godspeed!

Ellie said...

Wow, Jeff! For some reason this post didn't show up for me until today. I had seen some comments on Jen's other post that referred to "what Jeff wrote", but wondered what they were talking about.

First of all, Happy Birthday, Dad! Such sweet, sweet words for a little girl from her daddy. You and Jen are going to be wonderful parents, already are. Ruby is loved and treasured more than she could know. Have a safe and wonderful trip! Just can't wait to see Ruby in your arms, where she belongs!

Carey and Norman said...

What a beautiful post! Happy Birthday!

I am so excited that you are finally on your way to Thailand to meet Miss Ruby. I'll be glued to your blog checking in daily (possibly hourly) to hear about your first visit, first glimpse, and many other firsts while in Thailand.

Safe travels and lots of love coming your way!

christina said...

[sniff sniff) I am tearing up over here. That is so beautiful. Happy Birthday Jeff! Enjoy your time in Thailand, snuggle up against your precious daughter and breathe a sigh of relief, you are a family now.
Wish you, Jen, and Ruby all the best.

Sharon said...

Aaaww, just beautiful Jeff. It's nice to hear from the 'daddy'. You'll never forget this birthday hey!!

Travel Safe and have a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about your journey when you get back as a family of 3!

Darren Sharon Khye and Jaxin xxxx

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

So, so, sweet!! What a lovely tribute.

You are on your flight right now and I am sending you my thoughts and prayers!! What an incredible journey you embarking on. Looking forward to following the journey.

Happy and safe travels

Jules

Julie said...

Hope your trip goes well. So excited for you. You are so close now.
Julie

Mireille said...

Happy Happy Birthday Jeff!! What a gift are you getting, just an amazing gift, and by the way, your letter made me cry!! So beautiful written down, so deep, so thoughtful, so suay!

rosemary said...

Jeff, this is so precious! You are such a great dad! Ruby will love to read this someday!