Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Grammy


Around the time the Alzheimers really started setting in, my Gram gave me some old apron's of hers. It was almost as if she knew the end was near so she started giving things away to everyone. She was such a chic lady. I could so see her in her high heels, cute outfit, and matching apron doing her housework with a smile. She was the ultimate 50's housewife and cleaned her house with a passion! I tucked the apron away in a drawer and hadn't thought about it for awhile. Today I was looking for... what? I don't even know. A night light maybe? I never look in that little night stand drawer in Ruby's room. The thought just popped in my head that I should check it's contents. (Double checking everything today!) I opened it a found the apron. A pretty little pink apron to tie around the waist.  Feelings came rushing to the surface. It smelled like her. Like her house. It is perfect for little Ruby to do kitchen play and I just smiled to myself with tears in my eyes knowing that Gram is with us. She is watching over us and just wanted me to know. How I miss that beautiful woman! But how I know she is never further than a thought and a prayer. 

Boy, emotions are running high today! 

2 comments:

christina said...

speaking of nite lite, you may want to pack one for the hotel room in case R wakes up it's not a new, dark environment, just new.
beautiful, ur grammy.

Ellie said...

What a beautiful lady. How wonderful that you are able to pass down a part of her life to sweet Ruby. Goodness, I'm a sappy mess today! You're just getting me all choked up today. Thanks for sharing!

We're thrilled for your impending journey, and know that the Moeller household will be praying for you daily!!!

Love,
Ellie