Monday, September 14, 2009

She Slept So Well!

But Mommy did not! Well, a little bit. Couldn't stop staring at her gorgeous face and kept waking up every time she would breath, move, sigh, scratch.... she's too precious for words! She woke up only one time and cried until I picked her up. I gave her a bottle and she laid in bed with us for less than an hour then we put her back in her crib. She is still sleeping now so I'm trying to type very fast! Tried again to send emails and upload pics but it's just not working! Sorry everyone!

I was able to read your comments and I think they posted. Will try again later to send and uploads pics. Everything takes so long to load and then the connection times out! Hang in there, Ellie! The pics and video we got of Lily are so worth the wait!!! She is really doing well, too. Healthy and developing great. We both had time to hold her and tell her you love her! Both girls like the little fairy princess dolls. In fact, it is Ruby's favorite and is always in her hand - even when sleeping! Anna told her in Thai, we should call her Lily! She said Li-ly! Now this part will make you cry but it's beautiful. Right before we left we gave them the dolls. We had them pose for a picture. They let Lily be in the office with just us and the director to say goodbye. Ruby put her arm around her for the picture but then put both arms around her so tight and didn't want to let go! My heart swells for the love they have for each other and the happiness they will have in the future when they meet again here.

Today we are taking her to a good local doctor that our friend Anna knows. She has some dermatitis and dandruff. Poor little thing was scratching her head in her sleep. Hearing very well though. I sware she even hears when we talk or sing softly. Amazing child. Such a sweet, sweet baby. How we just love her!!! Later we may take her to the beach. Another blessed and perfect day awaits! And she is still sleeping at 7:30!

Love from Thailand!!!

15 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

So wonderful to hear that Ruby is sleeping and settling into her new life. That is such a blessing! I can imagine having a hard time sleeping when you have your precious daughter laying next to you. The little girl you've prayed and hoped to see for so long. I think it is very sweet! I'm enjoying your posts from Thailand and cannot wait to see some photos of Ruby and her mommy and daddy!!

Lots of love!

Sharon said...

Just amazing Jen!! Is she little? Smaller than you thought she would be?

Hey, LOL, remember you're in Thailand re the internet connection.

Have you got your mobile phone yet? Are you at Annas resort or still in NST township?

Ellie said...

Oooh, Jen! Such precious, precious memories! I love hearing every detail of your experience. I just knew you wouldn't get much sleep :) No mother possibly can on the first night with baby home!

Your Lily story is so incredibly sweet! Tears are flowing here! It is so, so precious how Ruby loves that doll!! They really have a bond, huh? It was hard to know how much was just them being "posed" for a photo for us. I just love these girls already! Dying to see the pics! Wondering how their hair has grown out since our most recent photos with the chop jobs!!!

I know you're trying with the photos! Nothing you can do about that! I'll get them when I get them. For now, I'm hanging on every word. I love having you describe your interactions with Lily, and with your precious Ruby!

Know that I'm checking in your blog very, very often b/c that seems to be the only way to hear from ya! So thankful things are going wonderfully for you. Can't wait to hear all the details!

Have you tried to post any photos on FB? I know you're not comfortable with EVERYBODY seeing them, but you could set up an album with VERY private settings. (I have one that I've set up so only very few people, who I named on the album's viewing list can see the contents.)

You go on and have a fabulous day with your little angel! We're giddy for you!

John and Nancy said...

Oh Jen! I am so happy that things are going so well for all of you, but you need your sleep too mama! Give Ruby a big hug for us and please you and Jeff give each other one from us too!

Anonymous said...

Wow - it all sounds so perfect!!! And slept till 7:30! Long may it continue!!!!! She sounds so gorgeous!!! How are you ever going to sleep properly again when you have Ruby to be looking at? I'm so pleased for you all and it's just the best news ever!!
Lizzie

Kam said...

Well, hello there, mama!

WooHoo! I just loved coming up to my Mac to sit and feast on what you had to say! It killed me to be away from your blog all day today! Couldn't wait to hear all about it!

See you soon! We leave in 14 hours!!! Woot Woot!!!

Love ya~

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

isn't amazing how you love someone so much?? doesn't your heart just feel like it is going to bust open it is so full of love??

glad things are going so well, and it is so sweet that she loves her friend lily so much!!

hope you have a happy day

emily said...

love from America!

xoxox

Sharon said...

Hey Jen, are you sure it's not head lice?? I remember a family from here picked up their little girl and she was full of head lice. Mum couldn't deal with it so dad had to do the washing combing and collecting of the eggs!!! We can laugh about it now but at the time it wasn't good!

Don't post this Jen, no one needs to read it. I hope it's not headlice though!!!!

rosemary said...

I am so delighted by all of your news of Ruby! I can't wait to meet her! What a sweetie. Have fun at the beach!

Jessica said...

It just keeps getting better! Love that everything is going so well. Thanks for sharing all the details. I feel like I'm there too. Happy, happy, happy!

Nichole and Craig said...

Congrats Jenn. We arrived yesterday at 5pm. We have never been so tired in our lives. I spend the last flight from Hong kong to Bangkok with my head in the toilet from lack of sleep and nerves. We meet Jaxin in a few hours. It is 3am and my bode is saying that I had a long enough nap. I am not good one for no sleep.

Chris and Terri said...

That is so great! I'm very excited that everything seems to be going so well (except the uploads).

Megan said...

Such wonderful news, Jen! Everything sounds great and the love between Lily and Ruby at such a young age is incredible. So thankful they will get to stay in touch through life! Have a great time at the beach, Mommy!!

Love, Megan

Mireille said...

So precious, the love Ruby and Lily share with each other. The stories are sweeter than I could ever imagine!! So thrilled for you all!