Wednesday, October 28, 2009

40 Year Olds Should Not Tumble

...and other fun tib-bits! Yes, I sometimes think I am 20, but OH how my body disagrees! I was showing Ruby how to do a somersault the other day. She was delighted and learned right away. I, however, learned quickly that this was not such a good idea...my poor back! It hurt when I did it, but the next day I REALLY felt it. What I would give for a good visit to my chiropractor! Oh, well...another lesson learned. Not sure WHAT I was thinking. Ruby had fun tumbling around here on Monday and then at her Little Gym class on Tuesday. She did so great! Opened up a bit more and ran around a bit and really enjoyed it even more than last week. Think it is going to be so good for her. She really likes swinging from the bar and even did the balance beam (while holding Mommy's hand). So cute. Going to try another class tomorrow called the Music Round. Sounds really nice and taking the class with new friends Dawn and daughter Brianna, so should be fun!

In other (not so great) news...we both have Giardia. At least she does and I am pretty sure I do as well. Poor baby! You'd think she'd be crankier! No wonder she isn't sleeping! I just got her little body used to dairy and now (the same) Dr. tells me that with Giardia you may get a temporary lactose intolerance and to avoid dairy. Oh, geez. Back to the drawing board on what to feed her. At least we will get her on meds today and kick that nasty parasite. As for me, I have to go to the Dr. yet, but haven't the slightest idea when I will find the time. I was so thrilled to be able to fit into jeans I haven't worn in 5 years...until I realized WHY I was losing so much weight! Hmmm...can I keep the little buggers around for another 5-10 lbs? (Yes, I'm only kidding!) I think. Okay, yes, I am only kidding.

More (pleasant) news coming soon! For now, I have to go wake my little love and go pick up her meds, a pro-biotic, more green veggies, and get more enviro-friendly disposable diapers. There will be no cloth diapers during this nasty phase! I am good, but I am not THAT good! 

9 comments:

Sharon said...

OMG Jen! I hear Guardia is horrible. Get it sorted quick! As for the weight loss, that's great hey!! LOL.

Back to plain old rice and vegies for the little miss then hey! Don't panic that she isn't getting dairy etc, they don't eat much of it in Thailand anyway.

Get well soon !!

Sharon said...

Whoops, I spelt that wrong - should be Giardia!! Anyway, get your meds quick!! You may have already spread it round the whole family!!

dawn said...

Oh I hope her little tummy kicks that nasty parasite far far away very soon.
Maybe you are just losing weight cos you are running around and somersaulting after a toddler...hope that is the reason.
I hear you on the poopy diapers.......who knew they could be so bad!

Jessica said...

Wow, you got double whammied with the tumbling and parasite. But glad you know the source of Ruby's troubles. Hope all is well soon.

rosemary said...

I am so sorry to hear about your illness! That stuff is nasty. It is good for weight loss though! ;-) Bad for Ruby's weight though!! I hope you both feel better soon.

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

how everyone gets to feeling better, and I promise you will not need a parasite to continue to fit in those jeans....you have a 2 year old and that is the best weight loss program ever!!

I will make a mental note of that tumbling thing....there are some mornings this 40 yr old feels 80 now that I have a baby!! So no tumbling for me, I don't need it any worse than it already is~LOL

hugs to Ruby!!

Ellie said...

Oh, Jen!!!! So sorry to hear about the parasite!!!! Ugh!!! That must be awful! I'm definitely going to go prepared for Giardia when we go!!! Sounds like we can expect it! Yuck!

Sending hugs,
ellie

Ellie said...

BTW, you're never too old to tumble, LOL!!! (Although I do understand back issues! NOT fun!) My grandma was still doing cart-wheels in her 60's!!! :) Keeps one young! (I guess either that or makes you age more quickly from a crick in the back!)

excitedtobeafamily said...

Oh no! I hope you both get better real soon!