Friday, November 6, 2009

Toddler Not A Fan Of Mommy's Cooking

I had been concerned about Ruby the last week because her normal hearty appetite had been replaced with picky eating and not a big appetite at all. Well, tonight we ordered Vietnamese and it seems it wasn't food she didn't want. It was MY food! LOL. Didn't like the baked ziti I ordered in the other day either. Guess the food transition will be slow and brown rice is out the door for now. I was so proud of the fact that I steamed a big thing of brown rice, steamed veggies, cooked some chicken, and then made her a home made soup with it all. Had enough for a week and she was, well, not a fan. Tonight she ate 2 big bowls of noodle soup with white rice with a big smile on her face! Back to the old drawing board for me!

Another funny thing...we were up in my closet tonight and I caught her (just in time) trying to put on one of my highest heeled shoes. A snakeskin, peep-toe pump. After I said no, no, not for Ruby. She just smiled this "I am up to something" smile and then came over and insisted on putting them on Mommy. So I sported them with my PJ's for a couple minutes before distracting her with something else. She is too cute for words. Daddy is back home and we are all very happy.

Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

christina said...

Ah, yes, food... if R is anything like M and other kids their food tastes will wax and wane. In the beginning M eat ever.y.thing. Then slowly, one by one she stopped eating certain foods, but we'd keep serving it. Now she'll try something and says "I don't like -insert food item-!" but then I'll serve it again a few days later, this time with a little gravy or something and she'll eat it. Now she likes broccoli, Chinese broccoli, and cauliflower again. It only took two years! [chuckle]

Maci Miller said...

okay, Christina, this is EXACTLY how it has been with Ruby! She used to eat anything and everything. Loved pasta and would say YUM! Now she absolutely refuses to eat one bit. She's good with any veggie as long as it's in an asian dish. But, of course, not MY asian dish! Thank God for take out!

rosemary said...

Nothing wrong with takeout! So glad she is healthy and having fun trying lots of stuff and figuring out what she likes and doesn't like.

Maci Miller said...

Funny, you should mention it, Rosemary...we ordered a big vat of veggie & chicken fried rice from our local Thai place tonight! Ruby is full of surprises when it comes to meal time and finally decided she liked the baked ziti I had been trying to get her to eat all week. But tonight, we treated her to what she REALLY likes! And it's healthier and easy for us, so what the hey!