Friday, February 5, 2010

Party Planning!

Ruby's birthday isn't for a few more months, but that hasn't stopped me from planning one heck of a toddler hoe-down birthday bash! Now if you know me well, you KNOW I was dreaming of all things pink, tutu, and princess. However, she is only going to be 3 and there are a lot of boys invited. She's not into dressing up that much yet - unless it is shoes and accessories. The girl loves her hats, bows, necklaces, and bracelets! So I toyed with different ideas, but still wasn't sure what I'd do until fellow blogger (and party thrower extrodinaire) Mireille (of Funky Doodle Donkey) sent me this link. Lots of GREAT ideas and I loved the farm animal theme right away. After all, we live in a farm house! It seemed like the way to go! Ruby LOVES animals so I think it will be perfect for her at this age. The pic above shows a few things I like so far for the party. Tutu already purchased from Trinity Tutus! Sooo cute! Check out their tutus on Etsy.com. Still tossing around different ideas for the cakes or cupcakes, but here are some great options:
Lots of fun stuff floating around my mind right now and a few of the big decisions made. I foundthis amazing company - Sleepy Hollow Horse Farm - that will bring a pony and petting zoo right to your house! How cool is that? Discussed with the husband and he liked it too and gave me the go-ahead to book. Hooray! We have a big yard so there is plenty of room for both pony rides and the sheep, duck, chickens, goats, llama, and donkey to run around. I can hardly wait to see the look on her face when they show up! Here are some pics from Sleepy Hollow Farms web site:


















A bit over the top? You bet! It's the first time Ruby has ever had a birthday celebration and I'm going to see to it that it's one she remembers. I want it to be the most fun she has ever had! Missing her 1st 2 birthdays was incredibly hard. I wanted so much to do something for her, let her know she was loved, sing her a happy birthday, and make her feel special. Now my hands are no longer tied and I can do all that and more! I'm just thrilled to be in this place right now. We both are real excited to do this for her. So there will be 8-10 toddlers, a truck-load of farm animals, a lot of hay, cow balloons, pig cup-cakes, farm fun/games/crafts and lots of treats! Yee-haw! (Now who ever thought I would actually say yee-haw? Yea, me either. Let's blame it on the kid. She brings out the silly in me!)

UPDATE: Ruby just woke up from her nap early and saw me on my computer. I showed her all the cakes and ideas. She doesn't really get it but got all excited to see the animals. She started pointing to them and making their sounds. I asked her which one she wanted and she said COW! She likes the one in the 2nd cake collage. Well, okay then. There you have it. Her main cake will be a cute little cow! Excellent choice, little miss!

6 comments:

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

oh I am so wishing we lived close by so we could come to the farm party. My godson had a farm party and it was the best!!! The kids will love the petting zoo.

The cow cake will be darling and can't wait to see how it turns out!!

Ruby will love it all.

Kam said...

Yay for a party! She will LOVE it and you will have the time of your life planning each and every detail! Parties for toddlers are just the best!

Anonymous said...

I love your party idea. It is fabulous for your little Ruby. She is going to be star. Have fun with the planning.

Jessica said...

This is going to be a fabulous party. And, great minds think a like, because I bought farm yard invites and party stuff last year. It was on sale and too cute to pass up. I wasn't sure how I was going to make it "girly" if it came to that, but sounds like you figured it out perfectly.

Not sure which link you're looking at, but here's one I love: partyperfectblogs.blogspot.com. Happy Planning!

rosemary said...

Sounds like so much fun!! I love all the stuff Mirielle plans so she is the perfect person to get ideas from. You should definitely do something over the top for her first birthday home. I'm going to do something huge for Button's. I still feel a lot of anger over the time we've missed with him and I'm not letting these moments slip away!

Mireille said...

I just gave you an idea, but YOU are making it spectacular... oh how I wish I could come and have a peek at THAT bday party!!