Friday, June 25, 2010

Beach Bound!


Well, by this time tomorrow we will be at the beach. In fact, I am hoping our 6 happy feet will be frolicking in the sand by somewhere around 2ish in the afternoon. Woo-hoo! Oh, how we love the beach. Relaxing days, fun nights on the boardwalk, cook outs with Grammy and Pappy, fresh fish at a quaint local eatery...maybe even a date night for me and the hub! Glorious sun and cool ocean breezes await us. I can hardly wait!

Ruby is excited, too. I found a great Elmo video at the library called "Summer Vacation" that pretty much explains a trip to the beach. I was looking for a book but found this instead. Perfect. Shows kids playing in the sand, splashing in the ocean, protecting their skin from the sun, and all sorts of things. I explained that we were going to go this weekend and she was very happy about this. Wait till she gets there! We really think she is gonna love it. She was saying BEACH! BEACH! all day. And actually, when I was putting her to bed tonight she said it again and started to cry a little. I think when we were talking about it she somehow thought (or hoped) we were going tonight and she wanted to go NOW. I promised her we were leaving first thing in the morning and she cheered up. We read her a book and off to bed she went by quarter to 8. Yea! We are pretty much packed and just have to put everything in the car in the morning.

As an added bonus, we got her a tv for the back seat. We tried it out last weekend on the way to Harrisburg and she was THRILLED. I said I would never, but she can a bit restless towards the end of a 2 hour drive, let alone 3-4 hours to the beach. And who can blame her? LOL, I can barely sit still for that long! So we got a cute little strap over the seat TV (only $70 at Walmart!) that only works while plugged into the car. (Therefore avoiding her wanting to take it everywhere with her.) It is for long car rides only! Going to be a chill ride for us and a dreamy Barbie watching ride for Ruby! Bethany Beach - here we come!

7 comments:

c & b said...

Have a great time at the beach... but only six toes?!
christina

Anonymous said...

Have fun at the beach. I cannot wait to see pictures. Sounds like Ruby is ready too so cute.

Maci Miller said...

LOL! Christina! I better correct that! I meant 6 feet! Boy, must have been more tired than I thought last night!!

Jessica said...

Okay, hopefully you're already there and soaking up sun as I post this. But, have the best time ever. Here's to sunset nights, sandy days and salty hair!

Chris and Terri said...

Sounds like fun!!!

"NOW" reminds me of the time the kids woke me up at 4 AM to go see Mickey Mouse at WDW. Oh dear - talk about a tired mom at the park.

Mireille said...

Oh Jen! I can't wait to see pictures of Ruby on the beach, she will love it!! And you too!! For parents with small children there is no better vacation, than a bit of sand, sea and sun!!

Ellie said...

Hope you had a wonderful day at the beach!!!!