Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Big Day

I shouldn't be nervous. I know we are in good hands. Meaning with God and also at Children's Hospital where we are getting Ruby's surgery done in the morning. She needs ear tubes put in both ears. My heart is tugging in different directions. One part is wondering about how her day will go. Will she be in pain? Be afraid?  Have a reaction to the anesthesia? Get sick from it? Have complications???

The other side tugs for the joy of her having a new world open up to her. A world she can hear clearly. Confusion cleared up. Both halves of my heart tug equally, but the worrisome side somehow pulls more emotion. I hope it won't be too bad of a day for her. God, guide our little sweetheart through the day tomorrow. Let her wake up with wonder and joy as she hears the world a whole new way!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Thinking of you and Ruby today. Hoping all goes well.

dawn said...

A whole new world awaits all of you. Wishing you peace today