Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Feeling The Love! (Updated!)

My first handmade card from my daughter! (With some help from Daddy, of course)
Inside view where she wrote her name. Am I just a proud Momma or can you also see the "R" and "U" there? My big girl. So sweet.

What a nice birthday! I had 85 birthday wishes on Facebook, countless emails, and calls. I got greetings from Thailand, England, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and all over this great big country. My wishes came in 8 different languages this year: English, Thai, Croatian, Cebuano, Spanish, Japanese, Zulu, and Dutch. How fun! Yes, I am feeling the love today...especially at home.

The hubs gave me the best gift ever...a free day! Ruby had a Thanksgiving feast at school today, then he picked her up, took her to the park, took her for ice cream, then played with her at home. Me, I walked the dog in the park, got a massage, and did a little shopping. More like looking and getting ideas for Christmas, but I did score a nice sweater on sale at Macy's and some stocking stuffers for Ruby. It was a nice break. Can't remember the last time I had a whole day to myself. The massage was awesome and SO needed. But you know the funny thing? I could hardly wait to get back and see my family. My favorite 2 people on the planet. I almost came home early but then I thought I better take advantage of it while I can! Jeff had somehow managed to entertain our 3 year old and clean the house a bit. He gave me beautiful orange roses this morning, too. How I love him! He asked me what I wanted him to make for dinner but really I was in the mood for quiche so I made one myself. Came home and whipped one up with my favorite Ella CD playing while Ruby & Daddy were dancing and hanging in the kitchen with me. So nice. Ruby was so wound up and silly tonight. She was cracking us up. A great night and now time to get her off to bed!

Thank you everyone for thinking of me and sending nice thoughts and wishes. Wishing you all a wonderful, warm, peaceful, and YUMMY Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Nichole and Craig said...

Wishing you a belated Happy Birthday from the Wilson family.

PS we are leaving next week for Ottawa to finalize Jaxin's adoption. Yipppeee

Wendy said...

Six languages. I Happy Birthday'd you in Cebuano yesterday!

Feliz Cumpleanos.

Now you've got 7.

Maci Miller said...

Wendy - I knew I was forgetting something and couldn't think of what it was! Oops! It's corrected on there now! :-)

Congrats Nicole!!!

chaniemom said...

So happy for you that your birthday was such a Happy Birthday! バースデイーおめでどうございます!(baasudei omedetou gozaimasu!) or "Happy Birthday!" in Japanese. I speak Japanese as I lived there for six and a half years.

Mireille said...

Such a FUN day!! How great for you! Well deserved! And I just ADORE Ruby's card, how sweet!! A keeper!!

Maci Miller said...

Thanks, Chandra! Very cool. Thanks to all you!