Monday, November 22, 2010

สุขสันต์วันเกิด เจน`= Happy Birthday, Jen

Hey! My first Thai birthday message! Compliments of my dear friend, Anna, in Nakhon Si Thammarat. I feel so lucky to know this wonderful person and call her friend. Life is always a blessing when you have loving people to share it with!

UPDATE: What a great surprise I got tonight! Anna skyped me from Thailand and had the whole gang sing Happy Birthday to me! Her whole family and staff were there - our extended family in Thailand - all singing very animatedly. It was so darn sweet but the first time they sang I couldn't hear them at all! Felt so bad yet it was the sweetest thing. They broke into another song and I had to make a gesture to my ear to let them know I hadn't heard them. They looked SO disappointed. So I hung up and tried back until I got them and had a good connection. Anna yelled out and got them back in to sing again. LOL. They are just the best. She sent me a birthday card to our home address but it got send back for some reason so she held it up for me to see. They all had signed it. Can't think of a nicer thing for me to have received on my birthday! Anna and I chatted happily for HOURS through disconnections and re-dials, but boy it was such a nice  talk. Funny how we can be sitting on opposite sides of the globe - me in my pj's ready for bed and her dressed and ready to start her day - just sitting around chatting like girlfriends pouring over tea at the same table. It was wonderful and just made my night! Thank you, Anna! A happy birthday indeed. And hey, I can say that now cause it's midnight!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Hopefully this is your first CA Happy Birthday. So glad that things are looking up at your place. Been thinking about you.

Here's to a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Wendy said...

OK, you got your first birthday wish in Thai, so I can't do that. I'll have to resort to Becky's native language, Cebuano, to keep things interesting...

Malipayong adlaw nga natawhan!

Happy Birthday, Jen!

Kerrie (and Jason) said...

Right so you've had Thai, amercian and now cebuano.

I can do Aussie!

Happy Birthday mate!!!!!!!

Maci Miller said...

Your girls are GREAT!!! Thank you for the kind wishes! And yes, you each were the first in your geographic categories! Boy, this is turning out to be a real nice bday...and it's not even here yet! (It's tomorrow, the 23rd, BTW). But I'm feeling the love from all over! Thanks, friends! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jen! I hope it is fabulous and you have a great Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great, Jen!? Love skyping with them (although there are many, many re-dials!! LOL!) Happy Birthday to a very sweet lady!!
love you,
ellie

Mireille said...

I can't stay behind now... here in Dutch:

Hartelijk Gefeliciteerd Jen! and since we are living in South Africa, here in Zulu: Ilanga elimndandi kuwe!

What a wonderful surprise from Anna! It's indeed great to have such wonderful friends like her.