Sunday, January 2, 2011

Parties & Fun Get Togethers

Fun times between Christmas and New Years.
Ruby and cousin Hannah at Please Touch Museum
Rubes having a ball in the "grocery store".
Hannah and Ruby working on their "patients" at the Childrens Hospital area. Ruby seemed to remember her favorite doll from the last time we were there. She picked him up...
...and immediately stripped him of his clothes. Yes, that's what you think it is. The dolls are all anatomically correct. Thankfully, she didn't play with it and make a big deal out of it this time, yelling Mommy Mommy! LOOK! What that??? like on our last visit. LOL!
It's also a good thing we named her Ruby since red is her favorite color and the first one she picks on most occasions. Here she is trying on shoes at the "shoe store". This museum is so cute. Really a fun day for the kids. Fun for me to hang with Kelly too! She such a sweet and wonderful person. We always have such a great time together.
Hannah with mom Kelly on the carousel
Me and Rubes on the carousel.

On another day we went to my cousin Angie's for an after Christmas party. I so love that they always do it after the holiday so we get to see everyone. We almost didn't go cause Ruby has a pretty bad cold, but evidently a lot of people have colds and no one minded...so off we went.
Rubes had a blast. She just LOVES seeing her cousins and we could hardly tear her away from them when it was time to go.
Here she is with Alessia.
And here with Lessi's sister Nina. Such sweet girls! These two are always inseparable when we get together. I came upstairs at one point and Nina and her friends were just dressing Ruby up with necklaces and bracelets while Ruby sat there happily soaking up all the love and attention. And then they gave her a present - a Baby Alive that they all poured over at the table for at least an hour. So funny. I had the same doll when I was little and it was my favorite thing ever. I still remember begging my mom and Santa for it. Luckily, the new version only pees and doesn't poop like the one I had. Yuck!
Me and my cousin Gina.
Me and the hubs...a shot taken by Ruby. And after that the camera disappeared. She took it and ran off for like a half hour. Brought it back when the battery died. The next day I charged it to find a lot of shots like this:
This one is my cousin Michael (who she just adores!) There were a lot of smiling headshots, a lot of shots of the Christmas tree, Nina, and misc bows around the house. So cute to see her view of the party!
B4 she grabbed the camera I managed to get this one of me and my bro, Jason...
...and me and my little miss before she was off and running again!

So wonderful to see my family and spend time with them. I have a LOT of cousins and I love them dearly. It's always great when they are all at one place and I get to spend time with them all.

3 comments:

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

So cute!!! Love her dress(of course)

Laughing at the photogs pics!! Hayden just learned to take pics with my phone and I am constantly having to check to see what she has shot recently!!! LOL

Happy New Year!! Wishing you a magical 2011:) it will be our year to meet hopefully!!

Maci Miller said...

Thanks, Jules! That dress is actually a silk dress from last years Gymboree collection. Gorgeous! I wanted her to wear it Christmas eve but she really wanted the purple. So I made sure she wore it to at least one party! My friends daughter wore it only once last year and then gave it to us. So funny cause I gave Ruby's once worn dress from last year to another friend. We are all paying it forward with the fab dresses! Glad to get wear out of them!!!

Jessica said...

That dress is beautiful and Ruby really shines in it!

Laughing about the Baby Alive doll. I can still remember wanting one and my mom wrinkling up her nose. I had forgotten that they came complete with all bodily functions, now I know why I never got one.