Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rubes On Ice

My sweet girl was VERY excited to ice skate today. On the way, she kept asking me "where my skates?"  I tried to explain the concept of renting/borrowing, but she continued not only to ask where her skates were, but where were her pink ones like Barbie. Ha! She wasn't demanding but rather curious how we were gonna skate without them. Finally, I said there were no pink ones where we were going - only white and tan -and we had to give them back when we were done. She seemed to accept this. Imagine her delight when we got there and low and behold someone had the great wisdom to spray paint a little hot pink on the sides of the girls skates. Ruby was delighted as if they were there just for her. Ah, it's the little things in life that mean so much!
Happy momma and girl ready to hit the ice.
Look at that smile. She said "I skating! I AM skating!"
We went around a couple times b4 finding this handy walker. She loved her independence but tired of it quickly and wanted to just hold the sides and hold my hand again. It was so fun.
Video of the lil miss in action. Wish I caught her earlier on tape when she was especially silly. At one point (while NOT with the walker) she tried to lift a leg up and duck down a bit. I had her hand but said, oh, honey, what are you doing? Be careful! She looked at me as if I didn't have a clue and said "under the tunnel! Like Annika!" Of course. Princess Annika, as in the character from her Barbie movie "Pegasus" where they do a lot of ice skating. She was so into it and limited only by those silly skates that were obviously slowing her down. LOL. I think this is something we both will enjoy doing again. But for now, she is resting up on the couch watching Pegasus with a cup of hot chocolate.

Update: Ice skating is a fine activity for tuckering her out, too! She was fast asleep at 7:45!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruby is growing up so very fast. I love the video way too cute.

Jessica said...

How happy you two look! Sounds like fun. And, shoot, if it ensures a good and tired little person at bedtime, I'm in!