Monday, March 28, 2011

Music Monday & Good Times

Silly miss in a vintage ensemble Jeff's Grandma brought back from Germany for Jeff's sister, Tammey. 
Well today started off on a different note. (Pun intended). I dubbed today "Music Monday" because I've decided that every Monday after school we will do a music hour. Rubes was resistant at first, but eventually came around and had fun. She even mentioned it as one of the things she thanked God for during her dinner prayer tonight. How sweet! I put on a CD from our old "Music Round" class and we danced, sang, and played instruments. We worked on the scale (do re me fa so la ti do) and I was surprised to find out she still remembered most of it - even backwards! I've always done that with her and was glad to get back to it. Loved having a structured hour of music fun followed by play and dress up. Such a good time with my lil miss today. I am going to make Wednesday "Arts & craft day" and Friday "Adventure day." Going ice skating for our "Adventure" time this week.
Here she is all dressed up and sitting in a box she dubbed "the boat".  LOL, can't believe how tiny she still is.

We had an incredible time this weekend with family. A 90th bday for Jeff's awesome Grandma followed by a fun gathering with all his cousins Sat night. Sunday was a hang out, relaxing kinda day with all his family where Jeff's mom made one of her fabulous suppers for us all. Such a great family I married into. A really great bunch.
Ruby and Dailan (with Isis sniffing Ruby's hair and trying to get some attention)
Ruby, Jeff's cousin Matt, and Matt's sweet boy Bennett
Rubes posing with her Daddy. She is totally Daddy's girl on the weekends.
Jeff's dad shares a laugh with his sister Pen and some cousins.
Grandma (on right) spends some quality time with her sister in law (great) Aunt Marie whom she hadn't seen for ages. Both 90 this year and going strong!
Dailan and his mom (Jeff's sister) Tammey. Love this shot of them!
Little ham Rubes feeling all girlie in her retro ensemble. I sware this kid loves fashion as much as I do.

Rubes has been a trooper. Even with the travel she is sleeping on her own every night. She gets very excited to see her smiley face stickers on the calendar each day. LOVED her time with family and went from Mommy's clinging vine to "Mommy who?" when she saw cousin Dailan, Aunt Tammy, Joe, Grammy & Pappy. It was great, though. I loved seeing her have so much fun. She played with her little cousin Bennet, too, and they were SO cute together. So silly and cute and fun. Jeff's Grandma had a good weekend, too. A wonderful woman we are lucky to have in our lives.

So today's post is a lot different than Friday's. I didn't send in the book to school today. I sure thought about it but it turns out it wasn't necessary. Today Ruby's teacher sent home a numbers booklet they worked on with a note telling me she did a great job with them today and said they started working on the teens. (Yea, No kidding, lady! We already know she can do them) Still, she was trying to be nice, I think, so that is a good thing. She's only 3 - ok, almost 4. She is socialzing and getting something out of school so I am not gonna make a fuss. However, I am gonna get her a new teacher next year. And I still may send in the book. :-)





4 comments:

Jessica said...

Love the vintage number. Looks like a fun-packed weekend. You guys have been on the GO!

What a fun idea music hour is. I think we need a music hour CD from you now!

Mireille said...

I love these ideas for Mon/Wed/Friday.. great idea! I can never stick to such a format, I just can't handle repetition, but for the kids it would be good!!

Anonymous said...

ohhh to be able to sign, my poor son is going to grow up with terrible ear for music! James told me off the other day for singing "the grand olde duke of york" to the tune of "my old mans a dustman" haha I didnt even realise I was doing it!

Maci Miller said...

haha, your too funny, Gem! Your little guy will grow up with a great sense of humor (like mum) and also learn not to take music too seriously! It's better when it's just for fun!