Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Is Coming

It may not feel like it today. In fact, I saw frost in my yard this morning. However, there are 3 beautiful daffodils that defy the cold and remind me that spring is getting nearer! I can hardly wait for days out in the garden and the evenings eating out on the patio.

A week ago we got a little taste of spring. We had some super warm days and we took a little trip into center city to see the Philadelphia Flower Show. This year's theme was Paris. It was nothing short of spectaculor and my pics will certainly not do it justice. I will share them none-the-less...
My little flower enjoying her gifts from one of my sweet friends working the event.
An awesome mother and daughter day. Rubes likes all the flowers as much as me.
We loved this flower peacock
Butterfly was pretty, too!
Unicorns are always a hit with Ruby so she loved this one. "Ride it!" she said. Ah, no I don't think so honey!
I have to say she showed great restraint here. She spotted the carousel across the room and was dying to ride this one, too. After I explained that they could break she settled on just having a picture with it. 
Cutie pie saw this display and exclaimed "look Mommy, it's a princess bed!"
Loved these.
Wishing my tulips came up and stayed this beautiful. Just love spring flowers...but then, so do the deer.

 Rubes snatched my camera and so the rest are all flowers she liked...
"oooo, Mommy, RED ones!!!"
Which flowers do you like? I have to say sunflowers are one of my favs in the summer. I like lots of yellow and red tulips in the spring. Also love bright gerber daisies and pink wave petunias that form big patches in my garden and stay all summer. Think we'll be doing a lot of pinks this year for the little miss. I bought some hummingbird/butterfly mix I can't wait to try, too.

Oh, geez, as I write this I notice it has began snowing outside. A light flurry. This makes my Spring day dreaming all the more special as I know there can't be too many cold days left. (At least I hope so!)

Wishing you a warm and colorful Spring that comes SOON!

4 comments:

c & b said...

We are working on our second week of rain. I think we had two days that didn't rain for about 4 hours. I'm thinking of building an ark. Supposed to go into next week too.
Lovely flowers... especially the one with the cute little smile.
christina

Jessica said...

What a beautiful flower show. Looks like a fun-filled day.

We have a hummingbird that visits our fledgling lemon tree almost daily. I love watching it (when I'm fast enough!). I hope your hummingbird/butterfly mix brings you many, many lovely creatures!

Ellie said...

Now THAT looks like a fun, relaxing way to spend a day! Nothing like dreaming of spring!

Wendy said...

When I saw the first photo I thought that was part of your yard! What a gorgeous place to visit! If Lily weren't so darn allergic to pollen I'd love to take her to a flower show. But I worry what a mess she'd be. I've even had to go so far as to ban fresh flowers from my house, which is killing me b/c it's my little indulgence for myself. Your pictures made me smile!