Friday, May 27, 2011

Two Years Ago Today

We got our referral. It actually got to Wacap on May 22, 2009 and they were nice enough to email it to us so we didn't have to wait the whole holiday weekend. But we got it in our hands on this day - the 27th - 2 short years ago. Hard to believe how quickly time has gone by. The painful wait is almost forgotten now as we live our daily lives. Lives filled with more laughter and joy than I even could have imagined back then. I know I've said it before, but it's odd to think Ruby has only been home a year and half - well a year and 8 months to be exact. It feels like she has always been here. She is such a part of our EVERYTHING and I can't think of my life without her. Thankfully, I don't have to. I thank God every day for this little girl that makes me laugh and take life less seriously. For her smile and her voice and her silliness. For her sweetness and snuggly little self. For all of it, I am seriously grateful. :-)

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow. Time flies! I never believed anyone when they told me the wait would fade, but it does. Happy referral-aversary.

Anonymous said...

Completely agree how such a short time feels like forever. I suppose the term "forever family" could be interpreted because of the feeling forever. Congratulations on your referral anniversary. I cannot believe how much Ruby has grown and she is so beautiful.

Mireille said...

I am glad to read that the waiting time is fading to the back... Now your life is filled with joy and happiness. And I can't wait to meet Ruby Kate!!... soon :-)

Ellie said...

Isn't it crazy, how time goes by SO quickly!!! I remember some of your wait... tears of sadness, tears of joy... So thankful, too, that Ruby is home forever and always!